Revised 2011 predictions

Bulletin board material for the MSU game........

"We said if we can get through October, look out" - K. Cousins, after the WI game last night.

Yeah Kirk, maybe you can get to a BCS Bowl and have the living crap kicked out of you again by an SEC team. Great job holding water for the conference last year...oh wait, you peed it down your leg.

Sticking with my original 8 - 4 and then win our bowl game to finish 9 - 4. Wins against Minnesota, Michigan and Purdue ... losses to Michigan State and Nebraska.

I know this is a hawkeye fan website, but are some of you seriously so delusional to think we will beat MSU? I mean, they just beat Wisconsin, who would drop 70 on us. We cant stop a mobile qb (shoelace/martinez) and all a team needs to do against our defensive scheme is dink and dunk passes, which works out in both of their favor because they cant be consistent with down the field passes, but they wont NEED to be against us.

Dont get me wrong, Id LOVE LOVE LOVE to see wins against MSU, UofMich, Nebby.. but its not happening.

Michigan - Denard Robinson runs for over 150 yds against us, and michigan beats us by AT LEAST 40 points (willing to put money on this)

MSU - Were not stopping the passing game, Cousins throws for 350+ yds

Nebraska - will be a close game, because I think they are grossly overrated, but what it will come down to is Martinez getting 8-14 yard runs consistently to keep drives alive.

We beat purdue and Minnesota.

And I dont care WHERE we play against MSU/MU, we could play in Hayden Frys subconscience, we still lose.

I know this is a hawkeye fan website, but are some of you seriously so delusional to think we will beat MSU? I mean, they just beat Wisconsin, who would drop 70 on us. We cant stop a mobile qb (shoelace/martinez) and all a team needs to do against our defensive scheme is dink and dunk passes, which works out in both of their favor because they cant be consistent with down the field passes, but they wont NEED to be against us.

Dont get me wrong, Id LOVE LOVE LOVE to see wins against MSU, UofMich, Nebby.. but its not happening.

Michigan - Denard Robinson runs for over 150 yds against us, and michigan beats us by AT LEAST 40 points (willing to put money on this)

MSU - Were not stopping the passing game, Cousins throws for 350+ yds

Nebraska - will be a close game, because I think they are grossly overrated, but what it will come down to is Martinez getting 8-14 yard runs consistently to keep drives alive.

We beat purdue and Minnesota.

And I dont care WHERE we play against MSU/MU, we could play in Hayden Frys subconscience, we still lose.

First, I have seen very few posts predicting a win over Michigan State.

Second, if you're willing to bet that Michigan beats us by 40 points, you should go ahead and do it. I don't gamble, but I'm sure you can find someone who will happily take that bet. They'd probably give you really nice odds, too. Make sure you come back on this thread and tell us how it works out for you.

Iowa hasn't been blown out by anyone in a long time. It is bound to happen sometime, but I think the odds of Iowa losing by 40 is lower than the odds of them winning out.

Northwestern's defense is worse than Iowa's and they didn't lose by 40 to Michigan. Why are people assuming that they will beat us by 40?

Minney = win
scUM = win
MSU = loss
Purdue = toss up
Nebby = loss

7-5 to 8-4. Gravitating towards 7-5.

To end up with a better regular season record than last year (at 8-4) would be speaking volumes, regarding both last year's and this year's teams.

Minney = win
scUM = win
MSU = loss
Purdue = toss up
Nebby = loss

To end up with a better regular season record than last year (at 8-4) would be speaking volumes, regarding both last year's and this year's teams.

It will also show that this years schedule is easier than last years.

It will also show that this years schedule is easier than last years.

You could be right, then again maybe not.

ISU played its annual at-home superbowl against us.
We replace Wisky with Nebby. No easy swap there.
NU is down this year, this is true.
We miss tOSU who is down this year, replaced with mercurial Purdue.
OOC is about the same.
We get both scUM and MSU at home.

8-4 this year, from what I've seen, IMO, would be over achieving.
7-5 last year was the definitive under achieving effort.

Last edited:
You could be right, then again maybe not.

We replace Wisky with Nebby. No easy swap there.
NU is down this year, this is true.
We miss tOSU who is down this year, replaced with mercurial Purdue.
OOC is about the same.
We get both scUM and MSU at home.

Indiana and Minnesota are even worse than last year and Michigan and Michigan State are arguably better.

Out of conference, Arizona is better than Pitt and Iowa State this year is a tad better than last year.

Iowa hasn't been blown out by anyone in a long time. It is bound to happen sometime, but I think the odds of Iowa losing by 40 is lower than the odds of them winning out.

The only team Michigan beat by more than 40 this year was Minnesota and they are barely a FBS team talent wise this year.

I am sticking with my preseason picks....Iowa to lose at PSU and Neb. Win the rest,and go to Indy to play for the Big Ten title.

It will be a roller coaster,but Iowa finds a way in Kinnick and at Purdue and Minny.

Minney = win
scUM = win
MSU = loss
Purdue = toss up
Nebby = loss

Last years team goes 10-2 with this schedule at the very worse

Im all for optimism, but guys.. you are whacked out if you think because Iowa beat NW and Indiana that they are "good". Its a rebuilding year with little experience at key positions.

I hope you have the kleenex and suicide prevention numbers ready after the Michigan game, because thats about where the winning stops

Latest posts