Revised 2011 predictions

homerHAWKeye777

Right now ... I gotta say that I only see 2 more wins in the final 5 regular season games.

If our D can get more healthy and make more improvements ... then maybe 8-4 will be possible.

I'd definitely hope for better ... but, as a realist, that's how it appears currently.

Maybe I'm putting too much faith in Iowa's offensive fire power, but I don't see two LOSSES the rest of the year. At this point, I think there's about a 25% chance Iowa plays for the Big Ten championship.

I see Iowa beating Minnesota but making Minnesota look good in the process.

And that's it for the year. Iowa's defense will not be able to handle Mich, MSU, or NE, and Purdue will beat Iowa because of how bad this team is on the road.

I see a 1-4 record, similar to last year when the coaches lost the team. They will probably lose the team again this year after a couple more losses.

Who knows with this team...why even try and predict end of season records. All I know is that we gave up 500 yards to NW, scored 3 points against PSU, lost to a bad Iowa State team, were getting spanked by a very bad Pitt squad and let Indiana and their freshman QB hang 24 on us. This D might give up 50 points or 700 yards to Michigan, Neb, or MSU. I think we may get a win next week...Purdue is 50/50....and UM, Neb, and MSU look like losses...but with this team i'm hesitant to put much stock into predictions.

Iowa has players that can change things if they are able to get them up to speed. Right now the linebackers are too slight across the board. Getting stronger guys in will make the d more stout.

Iowa will be 7-5 and likely not have a win over a BCS team with a winning record (wins over two non BCS crappers, Pitt, IU, Minny, Purdue, NW). however they will likely end up 8-5 because they just flat out play well when they have a month to prepare for a bowl game.

Right now ... I gotta say that I only see 2 more wins in the final 5 regular season games.

If our D can get more healthy and make more improvements ... then maybe 8-4 will be possible.

I'd definitely hope for better ... but, as a realist, that's how it appears currently.

Who do you have as your 2? Minny and Purdue? I thought those 2 were wins going into today, but w/ Purdue beating IL, I'm not sure how the Hawks fare against them. I think IA can definitely beat anyone remaining on their schedule...but I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to anyone either. The O seems to be clicking (knock on wood), but the D definitely makes me nervous, especially the front 7.

I see us winning at Minny; upsetting either Michigan or Michigan State; losing at Nebraska and Purdue ... Two more wins and a 7-5 finish. Seems about right for this year's team ... Then again, we could beat both Michigan/MSU at home and win at Purdue ... :) ... Seven games into the season and we still don't really have this team figured out ... Well, I guess we do know our defense is not going to win many games for us :)

I see us winning at Minny; upsetting either Michigan or Michigan State; losing at Nebraska and Purdue ... Two more wins and a 7-5 finish. Seems about right for this year's team ... Then again, we could beat both Michigan/MSU at home and win at Purdue ... :) ... Seven games into the season and we still don't really have this team figured out ... Well, I guess we do know our defense is not going to win many games for us :)

That is about how I'm seeing it right now.

I will say that I do believe that I'm being a bit harsh on the D. There's still plenty of games left to play ... and they're capable of getting better ... a good bit better, in fact.

If the D gets healthy and is able to make up ground ... I'm happy to revise my opinions yet again. Hopefully they'll give me reason to ....

I see us beating Minny next week, beating UM (if they can force Dennard to beat us passing) losing to MSU, losing to Purdue on the road and losing to Nebby in a close high scoring affair. 7-5

I just can't see them losing to Purdue..... but anyway MN and Purdue in the win column..... Michigan... oh never mind. I have no idea

Latest posts