Reschedule Nebraska?

longtimer

Is there a chance we still play Nebraska? We would have some gaps in the schedule that we could fit them in

Besides one more win on the record, I wonder what Iowa really has to gain by playing that particular game from a tournament resume standpoint, or for being "battle tested", etc. It wouldn't really go down as a quality win.

In other words, I personally don't really care if they ever play that one.

If they are going to crown a regular season champ, all 14 teams are gonna need to play 20 games. Iowa imo, needs it's layup games for W's considering that the rest of their schedule is murderers' row.

My question is, are they going to make up 5 Michigan games with their regular schedule by March 7th. Cause they should have to.

Iowa plays on Feb. 21 and then doesn't play again until Feb. 28. If Nebraska won't or can't play Iowa in that time period, the Hawkeyes should welcome a highly rated Drake team to Iowa City. A win over Drake would be a resume builder; a loss would be a good loss. No lose situation for Iowa and it would be a great intrastate game.

Besides one more win on the record, I wonder what Iowa really has to gain by playing that particular game from a tournament resume standpoint, or for being "battle tested", etc. It wouldn't really go down as a quality win.

In other words, I personally don't really care if they ever play that one.
I care because if we finish behind an Illinois, for example, by half a game the seeding Gods will give them the higher seed in B1G Tourney. Hell yes we need another win. Michigan better start playing a lot of games or consequences better be put out there. I'm tired of seeing teams pampered and the league saying, oh well.

Iowa plays on Feb. 21 and then doesn't play again until Feb. 28. If Nebraska won't or can't play Iowa in that time period, the Hawkeyes should welcome a highly rated Drake team to Iowa City. A win over Drake would be a resume builder; a loss would be a good loss. No lose situation for Iowa and it would be a great intrastate game.
Add to this that Nebraska plays on Feb 20 and doesn't play again until Feb 28.

I care because if we finish behind an Illinois, for example, by half a game the seeding Gods will give them the higher seed in B1G Tourney. Hell yes we need another win. Michigan better start playing a lot of games or consequences better be put out there. I'm tired of seeing teams pampered and the league saying, oh well.
I don’t think the conference has been pampering teams. MSU, PSU and Nebraska are playing every other day. Michigan will be doing the same I’m sure.

If Iowa ever had a two or three week shutdown it would be like the old Dr. Pepper bottles. Ten, two, and four o'clock.

Walk throughs between each game. They would play on a see saw tilting court so Iowa's end would always be going uphill and their basket would be twelve feet high.

Each player would be required to start with two fouls on them.

The uneven floor has actually occurred in real basketball annals. The early Globetrotters, who played wherever they could, once played in a drained swimming pool. The "court" slanted about seven feet when it got to the deep end.

Well another win would look great just from a numbers point of view but you have to really win that game

I wonder if the NCAA tourney could be pushed back a week and then we could send each conference into their respective "bubble" at their conference tourney site for ~2 weeks to make up all the missed regular season games, determine regular season champion and seeding, and then play the conference tourney.

I wonder if the NCAA tourney could be pushed back a week and then we could send each conference into their respective "bubble" at their conference tourney site for ~2 weeks to make up all the missed regular season games, determine regular season champion and seeding, and then play the conference tourney.
Conference tournaments would be canceled before NCAA Tournament is delayed I strongly suspect. And I don’t know why so many people don’t think the games will be played.

Nebraska has played 5 games in 8 days...2/6, 2/8, 2/10, 2/12 and 2/14. They have 21 days to play 10 more. And Michigan has 21 days to play 10. Michigan better be ready to play every other day. See Nebraska.

Conference tournaments would be canceled before NCAA Tournament is delayed I strongly suspect. And I don’t know why so many people don’t think the games will be played.

Nebraska has played 5 games in 8 days...2/6, 2/8, 2/10, 2/12 and 2/14. They have 21 days to play 10 more. And Michigan has 21 days to play 10. Michigan better be ready to play every other day. See Nebraska.
Dang, I didn't realize that. That's an NBA level cadence, gonna get pretty intense.

It was eye opening to see what Michigan, after 3 weeks off, did to Wisconsin. I was counting on Michigan being rusty and picking up some L's, but I'm certainly not counting on that now. They look to be a team on a mission.

Watch....they will treat them like Ohio St in football and say that is good enough Johnny.

Michigan is in the tourney and rightfully so, but the lack of games should be put into perspective for seeding purposes. This is where your "treating them like Ohio State" preferential treatment statement would come into play. Do they deserve a 1-2 seed not playing 3 weeks of games?

Michigan is in the tourney and rightfully so, but the lack of games should be put into perspective for seeding purposes. This is where your "treating them like Ohio State" preferential treatment statement would come into play. Do they deserve a 1-2 seed not playing 3 weeks of games?
I will give it to them, they won at Wisconsin (or should I say Wisconsin shot selection was abysmal towards end of the game) . Good start for them.

Latest posts