Request of Iowa State

Another sad thing (reality) we were probably beat again by a 5-6 win ISU team. Maybe 7 (if they beat who they are suppose to beat and get an upset)......that will still be their ceiling with their schedule.

ISU is the better team at this time. Props to them.

Meanwhile, Iowa probably finishes around the same or considerably worse....

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.

Clowns, if you stumble to another 6-6 season (or worse), today's squeaker will once again mean diddly-poo in the grand scheme of things.
Time to prove you're something other than a perennial spoiler.

Yeah, they might be (probably are) the better program...but I could easily still see us finishing with a better record. I don't think it has anything to do with them not finishing the season, their schedule is just brutal. Luckily, ours is the exact opposite.

Not a flamer. That argument does not work anymore. If you can't see that the better team won today I suggest you quit watching college football. The schedule is what it is, but ISU's is a bit more difficult than Iowa's.

Good luck the rest of the year.

Not a flamer. That argument does not work anymore. If you can't see that the better team won today I suggest you quit watching college football. The schedule is what it is, but ISU's is a bit more difficult than Iowa's.

You're not wrong.

Still clinging to that excuse?

The better team won. Put the Super Bowl argument to bed.

It's not an excuse when you consistently stink it up after playing us. Btw, I didn't say the worse team won, I'm just sick of ISU going all downhill after playing us.

All you have to do is win a bit and this "excuse" stops.

Rep to you. Thanks.

Can you please finish out a season for once and not make this one game your Super Bowl? Thanks.

Super Bowl excuse again? Really? ISU is 9-6 in the last 15 games.

Have you ever thought that maybe Iowa is just one of our easier games on our schedule every year, whereas ISU is one of Iowa's tougher games on their schedule? The B1G has been very average as of late.

It's not an excuse when you consistently stink it up after playing us. Btw, I didn't say the worse team won, I'm just sick of ISU going all downhill after playing us.

Do you seriously not understand that the schedule gets a bit harder once they get into conference play?? Face it, the BigXII is better than the B1G.

I hear you, but it's a disingenuous argument. It is not our Super Bowl. Great to win, but there are bigger fish to fry.

Super Bowl excuse again? Really? ISU is 9-6 in the last 15 games.

Have you ever thought that maybe Iowa is just one of our easier games on our schedule every year, whereas ISU is one of Iowa's tougher games on their schedule? The B1G has been very average as of late.

ISU is one of the easier games on Iowa's schedule as well, which is why it's so disappointing to lose to them.

I hear you, but it's a disingenuous argument. It is not our Super Bowl. Great to win, but there are bigger fish to fry.

We know - we're asking you to fry them for once. Until and unless you do, all your bluster about "tuffest schedule evarr!!" and "tuffest conference evarr!!" is sound & fury, signifying nothing.
If y'all are so good, PROVE IT. Stop wasting time over here, gloating about an ugly, mistake-filled 9-6 win that was in doubt until the last minute of the game.
Go out and support all the boasting you've done in the pre-season.
For christ's sake, you got stomped by RUTGERS about 9.5 months ago.

Latest posts