Reports that Paterno is done NOW

Alright I'll admit it.

Joe didn't do anything illegal, but he could have done way more. He was a great person, that unforunately made a mistake, a huge one. It's just something still hasn't fully sunk in. It's hard to get past how great of a person he was until now. Everyone admired him, but like I said its just sad to see this unfold.

Query: Say your name, if in your entire life, you have ever called the cops on someone, when you did not actually see that person committing a crime? Second question: Say your name if in your entire life, you have ever NOT called the police even though you saw someone committing a crime?

Haven't you followed the timeline? By '02 - [before/I] McQueary interrupted Sandusky's fun, it was already well known that Sandusky was a pedophile. You act as if it was right to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He didn't deserve the benefit of anything. The cops should have been informed, immediately.

Not surprised, but it's sad to see a coaching career end like this. Not that JoePa isn't responsible for that, but still.

Anyway, I think most, if not all, the coaches need to go as well. Not sure how long they're all tenured, but chances are they would have had some clue. The former grad assistant especially.

The Board of Trustees needs to see changes as well. I don't believe for a moment that members had no idea either.

Other coaches at the school. Somebody would have found out as well about Sandusky.

The students should all be expelled.

That ******* mascot. It should be crucified.

The campus. It should be burned to the ground. BURN IT! BURN IT ALL!

Grand Jury Report on Jerry Sandusky - Document - NYTimes.com

ok i normally don't type much just like to read what fellow hawkeyes opinions are but if you haven't read the grand jury report and are trying to say stuff just from what you've heard from the media, i suggest you read it than make your opinions be known. At first i actually kinda supported Joe Pa and thought he did the right thing by informing his higher up, but after reading that and reading the atrocities that went on and is just NOW coming to light i am disgusted by the whole PSU organization. No man should be held to a higher standard but basicly that is what they did with Sanduzky all because they didn't want this to come out, to think otherwise is just foolish. 2 seperate occasions they were informed of sexual conduct between Sanduzky and a child and there only reaction was to tell him don't bring children to the Penn State Campus ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME... they didn't even launch an investigation into it, and if you read it you can tell someone is lying to cover someone, because what they were told from McQueary and what they were told from Curley and Shultz were 2 diffrent recallings of the incident. So either A.) McQueary lied to Curley and Shultz and didn't tell them the whole truth or B.) Curley and Shultz lied to the Grand Jury Report and didn't tell them the whole truth. Either way i have lost all respect for PSU, and anyone that can try to defend Joe Pa or anyone involved in this really needs to check there own morals because there is something wrong with you.

Grand Jury Report on Jerry Sandusky - Document - NYTimes.com

ok i normally don't type much just like to read what fellow hawkeyes opinions are but if you haven't read the grand jury report and are trying to say stuff just from what you've heard from the media, i suggest you read it than make your opinions be known. At first i actually kinda supported Joe Pa and thought he did the right thing by informing his higher up, but after reading that and reading the atrocities that went on and is just NOW coming to light i am disgusted by the whole PSU organization. No man should be held to a higher standard but basicly that is what they did with Sanduzky all because they didn't want this to come out, to think otherwise is just foolish. 2 seperate occasions they were informed of sexual conduct between Sanduzky and a child and there only reaction was to tell him don't bring children to the Penn State Campus ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME... they didn't even launch an investigation into it, and if you read it you can tell someone is lying to cover someone, because what they were told from McQueary and what they were told from Curley and Shultz were 2 diffrent recallings of the incident. So either A.) McQueary lied to Curley and Shultz and didn't tell them the whole truth or B.) Curley and Shultz lied to the Grand Jury Report and didn't tell them the whole truth. Either way i have lost all respect for PSU, and anyone that can try to defend Joe Pa or anyone involved in this really needs to check there own morals because there is something wrong with you.

Thanks, this really does clear everthing up for me. Sure he told the AD and VP at first, but after a while when no one did anything how could you live without saying anything. Just blows my mind.

it seems the board is just as gutless as the administration

throwing Joe out like this is shameful

McQueary is the least culpable of all of them.

No, Joe Pa is the least culpable ... if there was any change in the FB staff, it should have been McQ's dismissal ... but, as I said, the board acted cowardly last night, so maybe they sympathize with the McQ's cowardly actions

From what I know Joe heard about the crime second hand (or maybe third hand? Rumor?)reported it to his administration for them to handle, they didn't. So he gets fired.

So my question is; What is the PSU's policy? Did Joe Pa violate their policy?

Most organizations have written and unwritten policies about when the law enforcement is called and given that most Universities have legal departments that handle these things; Were they supposed to handle it?

Did Joe hear it as a rumor or as fact? Did he hear from a victim or a representative of the victim?

Are you kidding me? He told the AD and VP. After that happened its out of his hands and their job to report it. They didn't do anything about it, so how is it his fault?

Take the blinders off fool ; the board did what they had to do . If you think different than yhat God help you !

it seems the board is just as gutless as the administration

throwing Joe out like this is shameful

Unreal that you can think this. Joe Pa knew that in 1998 Sandusky was caught showering with a boy. They force him to retire, but continue to let him have total access to the facilities. Then in 2002, Joe is told that Sandusky is seen raping a 10 year old boy, and all he does is tell the AD? Who is the real power at Penn St.? If Joe wanted Sandusky out, he could have kicked him off campus, and kept him away from Penn St. by just saying one word.

Joe was either too old to do his job properly, or he didn't do his job properly, either way he is not fit to be the coach at Penn St., and has not been fit to do his job since 2002 with the way he handled it.

It will be interesting to find out who forced Sandusky to retire in 1998. Was it Paterno that made him step down, was it the AD, who forced Sandusky out in 1998? In 1998 Sandusky admitted to showering with a boy, and said he wished he was dead. Did Joe Pa sweep it under the rug.....what did he know and when did he know it. If you think Joe Pa is innocent in all of this, you might want to pull your head out of the sand. If we are going to hold coaches accountable for kids selling memorabilia for tattoos, I think that we should hold the coaches accountable for assistants, that were known to shower with boys, and was even seen raping a boy.....

From what I know Joe heard about the crime second hand (or maybe third hand? Rumor?)reported it to his administration for them to handle, they didn't. So he gets fired.

So my question is; What is the PSU's policy? Did Joe Pa violate their policy?

Most organizations have written and unwritten policies about when the law enforcement is called and given that most Universities have legal departments that handle these things; Were they supposed to handle it?

Did Joe hear it as a rumor or as fact? Did he hear from a victim or a representative of the victim?

Legally Joe Pa. may have thought he handled this situation within the boundaries of his job as head football coach , but as far as moral responsibilies he failed miserably and for this reason alone his termination was very much justified.

Unreal that you can think this. Joe Pa knew that in 1998 Sandusky was caught showering with a boy. They force him to retire, but continue to let him have total access to the facilities.
wasn't Joe's decision
Then in 2002, Joe is told that Sandusky is seen raping a 10 year old boy, and all he does is tell the AD? Who is the real power at Penn St.? If Joe wanted Sandusky out, he could have kicked him off campus, and kept him away from Penn St. by just saying one word.
if Joe was really THAT powerful he'd still be the head coach today
Joe was either too old to do his job properly, or he didn't do his job properly, either way he is not fit to be the coach at Penn St., and has not been fit to do his job since 2002 with the way he handled it.
This may be true, but it's not reason to throw him out midseason
It will be interesting to find out who forced Sandusky to retire in 1998. Was it Paterno that made him step down, was it the AD, who forced Sandusky out in 1998? In 1998 Sandusky admitted to showering with a boy, and said he wished he was dead. Did Joe Pa sweep it under the rug.....what did he know and when did he know it. If you think Joe Pa is innocent in all of this, you might want to pull your head out of the sand.
First off, nobody is "innocent" ... but does that mean JoePa has to go last night (vs McQ), only if you are acting scared because of media pressure.
If we are going to hold coaches accountable for kids selling memorabilia for tattoos, I think that we should hold the coaches accountable for assistants, that were known to shower with boys, and was even seen raping a boy.....
Tressel wasn't dismissed for tattoos, he was dismissed for lying. No one has accused Joe Pa of lying, officially.

Latest posts