Replacement for Fran

Well someone who has had successful D1 experience at the major college level would be the smartest choice and should be the first choice. Although I would still be willing to see the Grinnell system for a few years just to see it at the major level. Way I figure we don't play half court defense anyway and at least we would full court press and get more guards in here that can shoot the 3 ball.

I'd like to see that as well. I've been telling a few people about it recently. I wanted to make it to Cornell in Mt Vernon yesterday to watch Grinnell vs Cornell but couldn't make it. It's my goal to see it live at some point. You would think this is the kind of team that could pull that off with the depth and length. I'd like to see some D1 legit program try to run that and see how the season turns out. You think you'd be able to run (tire) most teams right out of the gym.

No way. No way.

Grinnell ball is a total gimmick that works at a single D3 school. It works in that environment entirely because it’s D3 where you have hugely mismatched teams (Grinnell uses it mainly to run the score up on shitty teams), very low talent coaching relative to D1 that can’t adapt, as well as college teams that would get destroyed by some 4A high schools and even more AAU teams. That kind of stuff doesn’t translate to P5 NCAA basketball.

In P5 basketball the coaching would figure out that gimmick in a heartbeat and with the freak size, quickness, and athleticism there’s no way you just fly down the court and launch an open three every 8 seconds.

Good luck getting enough rebounds and pressing a Michigan State for two halves, let alone getting any open shots when Izzo (or any other decent coach) knows exactly what you’re going to do. This ain’t Principia College or Faith Baptist Bible, man.

You ever heard of Loyola Marymount? Late 1980's early 1990's?

I get what you are saying, though. Would be fund to watch, though.

Who would you want to replace Fran? I think LeVelle Moton would be a great option. He could recruit well here and I think he'll be ready to jump for a new job in the next year or two.

This guy.

IeJulPl.gif

Yeah Cy5656 is really trolling here. No matter how dissatisfied I am over the BB team, putting a "new coach" thread out there is just Clown trolling, Fran isn't going anywhere (fortunately or unfortunately).
Fran has faults for sure. Some that can change but probably won’t change.

Yeah Cy5656 is really trolling here. No matter how dissatisfied I am over the BB team, putting a "new coach" thread out there is just Clown trolling, Fran isn't going anywhere (fortunately or unfortunately).
Explain why trolling? Maybe you mistook Rob's funny joke?

Latest posts