Replacement for Fran

IF we get the chance, the next time around we need to avoid someone who toyed around in the MVC, the MAC, or even in one of those non-descript schools somewhere in the East...(except maybe if they came from what was called the old BIG EAST)...someone who knows where to find "MEN" to include a blue collar "thug" for the paint, a point guard with the last name of "Lester", and a three man who has leadership qualities and can take a game over. Someone with the background of a Calipari, Pitino, Pearl, Cremins, Tark, or Valvano. Personally, I'm tired of watching games in fear, having a program that is mediocre at best, year after year, which is filled up with really "good" boys recruited from Grundy Center. Iowa basketball didn't used to be a training ground for coaches from mid-majors who had records built by beating the likes of St. Mary's of Burlington week after week. Somehow, our AD (or AD's) have gotten the mindset that this is ok and continued. Mr. Davis was screwed and we've lived the penalty for that every since. As far as Fran goes, he's a good guy surrounded by good guys.

Well someone who has had successful D1 experience at the major college level would be the smartest choice and should be the first choice. Although I would still be willing to see the Grinnell system for a few years just to see it at the major level. Way I figure we don't play half court defense anyway and at least we would full court press and get more guards in here that can shoot the 3 ball.

You know this isn't a terrible idea...lol.

We'd probably still lose but it would be fun to watch.

I agree. But he lost his best player on the team 4 years in a row. When is the last time that has happened at any program? The streak will finally end thus year. So if we tank the first 1/3 of next year, I will give up on Fran.

I hope I didn't just guarantee Cook leaves.

Iowa State lost Morris, Thomas, Burton and Long from last years' team. Niang the year before. Hogue before that. Ejim and Kane before that. Seems to be working alright for them. How about the talent Michigan State and Wisconsin loses every year?

Iowa State lost Morris, Thomas, Burton and Long from last years' team. Niang the year before. Hogue before that. Ejim and Kane before that. Seems to be working alright for them. How about the talent Michigan State and Wisconsin loses every year?
No doubt. This is College Basketball. It happens to every program. The problem isn't what Fran "lost". Its what he replaced them with. NOTHING!

Latest posts