Reminded why I hardly care anymore.

We lost one game against a good team tonight guys, and we gave it away with a couple huge mistakes.....come back off the ledge. If you think the season is over, and you don't know why you care about the team, maybe you honestly should go do some other things with your Saturday.

You're absolutely right. Iowa lost one game tonight. But I'm tired of watching them lose to Wisconsin for 10 years. We're not talking about OSU, Michigan, or Penn St. We're talking about Wisconsin and this is the worst Wisconsin team we might see for awhile. I'm tired of watching the same old unranked shit. They lost to an Alex Hornibrook team tonight that couldn't defend a high school QB. Despite those factors they still lost at home, again.

I'll always pull for the Hawkeyes but I'm done with Kirk. Thanks for the great memories 10 years ago. And make sure you thank God for 2015 because outside of that this program has been weak since Wisconsin ran over them in 2010.

3-0 start and a week schedule made me think.. mehhh maybe I should pay attention.

But this stale program and stale days of old coaching staff... until someone over there wakes the F up and injects some fresh blood into the program... I'll continue to fall further into apathy.
Loads of truths spoken...Hawks played hard.

Lol, this is where people get caught up. They follow a team for years hoping that maybe this will be the year. They get fed up with the same ole crap. However, they have an inborn fear that the year they give up and quit following the team, that will be the year they turn it around or within a few years after they quit following them.

Obviously seventy thousand fans must like following a team that likely will go 7-5 every year on the average. They have money and can afford the pricey tickets. This must be nothing more than the same feeling they get with their other forms of entertainment. The Iowa fans are not made up of the same type of fans that you have at the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, Texas, etc. Those folks would never tolerate settling for 7-5. They may go through numerous coaches in search of a great coach. It may take them a decade or two to find that coach but the will never settle. That may be good or bad depending on how you look at things.

Also there is nothing more for the people in Iowa to do with their time. No professional teams to follow. Put Iowa in the same location as Northwestern and you would be lucky to get over 40,000 fans to the game. The Bulls, Cubs, White Sox, a hockey team and just a few hours away you have the Packers and the Bucks. What’s Iowa got. Ames and Iowa City to follow for your sporting entertainment.

So apparently most of the fans who follow ISU or Iowa sports don’t put a premium on winning and competing at a championship level. They keep coming back. Like I said to keep coming back over and over again regardless of the end result every year shows that this is just an entertainment package for their families. That’s the only way I can think to explain the IOWA fandom. Also those fans must somehow identify themselves to that type of thinking. Don’t expect to win but if you do it’s nice.

I think some of us are likely fans of a professional team or two. We are used to seeing professional teams constantly striving to become better and better each year through drafts that try to even the playing field somewhat. I personally am a Cubs, Bears, and Bulls fan along with my favorite college team the Iowa Hawkeyes. That’s a lot of self inflicted pain over a fifty year period. Yes the Bears did it in 1985. The Cubs finally pulled it off. The Bulls were the funnest of all my teams to follow back when Jordan was around.

Unless a giant earthquake strikes Iowa City and swallow Barta and/or Kirk up nothing is every goi g to change until these folks retire. We be stuck like a stuffed pig with a football in its mouth. Snort, snort, oink oink, that’s college football as a Iowa Hawkeye fan. Take it or leave it.:oops:

Are you menstruating?

You're absolutely right. Iowa lost one game tonight. But I'm tired of watching them lose to Wisconsin for 10 years. We're not talking about OSU, Michigan, or Penn St. We're talking about Wisconsin and this is the worst Wisconsin team we might see for awhile. I'm tired of watching the same old unranked shit. They lost to an Alex Hornibrook team tonight that couldn't defend a high school QB. Despite those factors they still lost at home, again.

I'll always pull for the Hawkeyes but I'm done with Kirk. Thanks for the great memories 10 years ago. And make sure you thank God for 2015 because outside of that this program has been weak since Wisconsin ran over them in 2010.

Four years ago, you could substitute Nebraska and Iowa State for this post. Now we are 4-0 against both...or will be.

You do realize that Wisconsin has won 16 straight B10 regular season games...right? You do realize they were ranked #4 prior to losing to a good BYU team. Wisconsin was reading their press clippings and they lost. They came in renewed. That's a good football team although their defense is going to have some issues this year.

So why are you done with Kirk. We moved the ball up and down the field most of the night. We just didn't make plays at critical times...and execution is to blame for it. The two fumbles in the punt game lost this game...not the coaching staff.

To those who thought our DL would dominate the Wisconsin OL...are just stupid, but they did well where it counted...on the scoreboard. Wisconsin had 14 points after 59 minutes and we gave them 7 of those on the fumbled punt. To the point of the winning drive by Wisconsin...they had punted on 7 of 9 possessions. Our defense was good against a very good team.

Just another wasted season, no big deal. The schedule set up for Iowa and they threw it away. Another of many opportunities to earn respect and advance the program thrown in the garbage. Not even gonna put all the blame on the coaches, players screwed the pooch too. Reality....this team will never win any kind of championship with Ferentz. He does a lot of things right, but not enough to accomplish anything really fantastic.

And yes, Walker, I am done watching for the year. I'll look at the score the next day. A couple of trophy games are now basically the only "important" things remaining for the season. I let this crap get to me too much, which is stupid, I know, but I can't seem to help it.

Your first paragraph basically described the difference between Iowa and Wisconsin.

3-0 start and a week schedule made me think.. mehhh maybe I should pay attention.

But this stale program and stale days of old coaching staff... until someone over there wakes the F up and injects some fresh blood into the program... I'll continue to fall further into apathy.

You are right...please take your pissy whiney ass and leave the board.

I will keep watching, but it feels like a missed opportunity. That game, this season won’t set up any better for a double digit win season. KF has had a good run here, but I feel it could have been better.

Didn’t take long for the apologist to crawl out from the wood work. They are always there defending Kirk. How many of these people are related to him or go to church with him?

This is not Ohio State that owns us but Wisconsin. A team that a weak BYU team beat in Madison.

Poor Kirk has to have his minions and groupies come out and defend him every time he loses a big game. It’s getting to be an annual event.

The coaches get paid millions of dollars to coach up these kids no one needs to be defending them. W I S C O N S I N is the product of Kirk’s poor coaching and recruiting. They love what Kirk has done for their program.

I see the "done watching" thing so many times. I always wonder if anybody really stops watching.

Indeed. Amazing how the criticism points to specific plays, situations and player gaffes without actually watching it happen.o_O;)

I completely believe ho-hum indifference / apathy...maybe even skipping a game here or there because there’s just something other to do but “done watching!:mad: ... not usually.

This is Iowa Football under Kirk, you guys should be use to it by now. Outside 2015, the past 8-9 years have been very blah! Get ready for when he retires in a few years and his kid Brian takes over as head coach for another 20 years of this shit (or as long as Barta is our AD which could be another 20-25 years)

For all you people crying why don't you go take a gander at what Nebraska is doing and then come back and say hi.

Didn’t take long for the apologist to crawl out from the wood work. They are always there defending Kirk. How many of these people are related to him or go to church with him?

This is not Ohio State that owns us but Wisconsin. A team that a weak BYU team beat in Madison.

Poor Kirk has to have his minions and groupies come out and defend him every time he loses a big game. It’s getting to be an annual event.

The coaches get paid millions of dollars to coach up these kids no one needs to be defending them. W I S C O N S I N is the product of Kirk’s poor coaching and recruiting. They love what Kirk has done for their program.

Wisconsin has owned the B10 West and pretty much the B10 over the past several years. Look it up. 16 straight regular season conference games.

I'm not apologizing for anything. We shot ourselves in the foot...but I really enjoyed watching the game. The offense looked good...the defense forced Wisconsin to punt and really had only given up 7 points through almost four quarters. We lost because we turned the ball over...most big time games come down to that stat and this one is no different.

You can whine all you want...but you didn't watch what I did. Our offense is going to be good. They are just putting it together now...and if this team follows the Ferentz formula...they will keep getting better. The pieces are there...and they will keep improving. They can't erase the two fumbles...but they can prove they are a very good team. I'm looking forward to watching this team.

Last edited:
Four years ago, you could substitute Nebraska and Iowa State for this post. Now we are 4-0 against both...or will be.

You do realize that Wisconsin has won 16 straight B10 regular season games...right? You do realize they were ranked #4 prior to losing to a good BYU team. Wisconsin was reading their press clippings and they lost. They came in renewed. That's a good football team although their defense is going to have some issues this year.

So why are you done with Kirk. We moved the ball up and down the field most of the night. We just didn't make plays at critical times...and execution is to blame for it. The two fumbles in the punt game lost this game...not the coaching staff.

To those who thought our DL would dominate the Wisconsin OL...are just stupid, but they did well where it counted...on the scoreboard. Wisconsin had 14 points after 59 minutes and we gave them 7 of those on the fumbled punt. To the point of the winning drive by Wisconsin...they had punted on 7 of 9 possessions. Our defense was good against a very good team.

I'm just tired of watching him lose to Wisconsin and other big games. I'm tired of his offense and scared out of his mind to make mistakes coaching, yet his team still manages to shoot themselves in the head. I'm tired of watching Iowa be unranked for most of the last decade.

As I said in another post, thank you to Kirk for the great memories 10 years ago.

This is exactly how I feel. 10-2 in this joke of a division doesn’t mean shit. Boring program, done watching for the year.

Boring program for sure. No argument there. It's really hard to watch that "offense." But there was another almost equally boring team on display last night. Watching Wisconsin is like watching paint dry. It's the same thing year after year - recruit big 800 lb linemen and run for 4 yards and a cloud of dust (or turf, I guess.) Of course they will win the weak B1G West - but then the party's over when they run into Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State for the B1G title.

Boring program for sure. No argument there. It's really hard to watch that "offense." But there was another almost equally boring team on display last night. Watching Wisconsin is like watching paint dry. It's the same thing year after year - recruit big 800 lb linemen and run for 4 yards and a cloud of dust (or turf, I guess.) Of course they will win the weak B1G West - but then the party's over when they run into Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State for the B1G title.

Yep, and that’s the team that we can’t manage to beat. Penn state is going to whoop our ass because Kirks offensive like minded coach (Paterno) isn’t around to try to win a 10-7 game anymore.

Latest posts