Reminded why I hardly care anymore.

Boring program for sure. No argument there. It's really hard to watch that "offense." But there was another almost equally boring team on display last night. Watching Wisconsin is like watching paint dry. It's the same thing year after year - recruit big 800 lb linemen and run for 4 yards and a cloud of dust (or turf, I guess.) Of course they will win the weak B1G West - but then the party's over when they run into Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State for the B1G title.

I would sub frustrating for boring.

Four years ago, you could substitute Nebraska and Iowa State for this post. Now we are 4-0 against both...or will be.

You do realize that Wisconsin has won 16 straight B10 regular season games...right? You do realize they were ranked #4 prior to losing to a good BYU team. Wisconsin was reading their press clippings and they lost. They came in renewed. That's a good football team although their defense is going to have some issues this year.

So why are you done with Kirk. We moved the ball up and down the field most of the night. We just didn't make plays at critical times...and execution is to blame for it. The two fumbles in the punt game lost this game...not the coaching staff.

To those who thought our DL would dominate the Wisconsin OL...are just stupid, but they did well where it counted...on the scoreboard. Wisconsin had 14 points after 59 minutes and we gave them 7 of those on the fumbled punt. To the point of the winning drive by Wisconsin...they had punted on 7 of 9 possessions. Our defense was good against a very good team.
All precisely why so many people are frustrated. We got a Wisconsin team, not a vintage one because they were reading their clippings all summer like you said, got them on Saturday night at Kinnick, had them on the ropes, and still found a way to lose.

I posted last week that if Wisconsin's heads were in a bad place that it couldn't be fixed in a week, no matter how mad they were. And we made them look like they were sleepwalking through portions of that game. Most badger fans that I talked to pregame were predicting Badger loss. On a night where we could have made a statement, we came up just short.

Disappointing loss in a game we should have won. Shockingly bad punt return issues, A couple of bad play calls on offense.

But to say I don't care anymore because we lost would seem pretty crybabyish to me.

Let's go get it done in Minnesota and go from there.

I'm just tired of watching him lose to Wisconsin and other big games. I'm tired of his offense and scared out of his mind to make mistakes coaching, yet his team still manages to shoot themselves in the head. I'm tired of watching Iowa be unranked for most of the last decade.

As I said in another post, thank you to Kirk for the great memories 10 years ago.
About 10 years. Then got Big lenthly contracts? Always Go Hawks.Players are waay tough...

Of course we don't have offense. We run same pass patterns we ran on 1999. Another mediocre year for mediocre coaches

News Flash: There are only so many pass patterns in the game of football. Everybody runs nearly all of them, including Iowa.

Four years ago, you could substitute Nebraska and Iowa State for this post. Now we are 4-0 against both...or will be.

You do realize that Wisconsin has won 16 straight B10 regular season games...right? You do realize they were ranked #4 prior to losing to a good BYU team. Wisconsin was reading their press clippings and they lost. They came in renewed. That's a good football team although their defense is going to have some issues this year.

So why are you done with Kirk. We moved the ball up and down the field most of the night. We just didn't make plays at critical times...and execution is to blame for it. The two fumbles in the punt game lost this game...not the coaching staff.

To those who thought our DL would dominate the Wisconsin OL...are just stupid, but they did well where it counted...on the scoreboard. Wisconsin had 14 points after 59 minutes and we gave them 7 of those on the fumbled punt. To the point of the winning drive by Wisconsin...they had punted on 7 of 9 possessions. Our defense was good against a very good team.

Geez. There you go again, making good sense. 7 of 9 possessions...yup.

We lost one game against a good team tonight guys, and we gave it away with a couple huge mistakes.....come back off the ledge. If you think the season is over, and you don't know why you care about the team, maybe you honestly should go do some other things with your Saturday.

That, and WTF are they posting here if they "don't care", are "bored", "don't like KF", think KF is "overrated/overpaid", etc.? Seriously.

Losing the game sucked, but oh, well. And we actually had a chance to win. I really didn't expect it. I figured BYU awoke the sleeping giant and the Hawks were toast from opening kickoff to final gun.

Wisconsin has owned the B10 West and pretty much the B10 over the past several years. Look it up. 16 straight regular season conference games.

I'm not apologizing for anything. We shot ourselves in the foot...but I really enjoyed watching the game. The offense looked good...the defense forced Wisconsin to punt and really had only given up 7 points through almost four quarters. We lost because we turned the ball over...most big time games come down to that stat and this one is no different.

You can whine all you want...but you didn't watch what I did. Our offense is going to be good. They are just putting it together now...and if this team follows the Ferentz formula...they will keep getting better. The pieces are there...and they will keep improving. They can't erase the two fumbles...but they can prove they are a very good team. I'm looking forward to watching this team.

Yup. Average yards per carry for W = 4.8. Average yards per carry for I = 4.8. And, Stanley had more yards per completion than Horny Book.

That, and WTF are they posting here if they "don't care", are "bored", "don't like KF", think KF is "overrated/overpaid", etc.? Seriously.

Losing the game sucked, but oh, well. And we actually had a chance to win. I really didn't expect it. I figured BYU awoke the sleeping giant and the Hawks were toast from opening kickoff to final gun.
Based off Saturday's play, the giant is still partially asleep. And most Badger fans that I talked to before the game were concerned. Many predicted a Badger loss. That's what frustrates the most. They were as beatable as they've been in years and we found new ways to let them find a way, hang around and beat us. So now it's on to an off week, then Minnesota.

I was reminded why I do care so much this weekend, sure I was disappointed with the loss and the opportunity the Hawks may have lost out on and I was pretty pissed off Saturday night leaving the stadium but on the 10 hour drive home yesterday I got thinking, the pain of that loss will go away but that feeling of being in Iowa City, the atmosphere in Kinnick, hearing back in black and watching the swarm, that stuff fuels a passion that will never die.

I only get to Iowa City once a year for a game and living in Canada my only real way to stay connected with the Hawks is through here, podcasts, BTN, ect. so I'm not immersed in it like many of you Iowans are, maybe that makes me appreciate it more when games are on, I don't know. What I do know is that whether we're hanging 55 on Ohio State or losing to Purdue, you've got to take the good with the bad and I will never stop caring about or watching the Hawkeyes.

Still plenty of football left, let's keep Floyd home, go Hawks!

I respect Kirk.. he is one of the greatest iowa football coaches in our history...

But I also think he is the one of the most overated coaches in college football history...

Yes it is possible to be both

When you have two coaches in 40 years, yes, I suppose that can happen!

This game reminded me why I need to stop caring so much about Iowa football. Just be happy when they win a game. It seems that its far to much to ask for this program, led by this coach, to beat the likes of an Alex Horinbrook led Wisconsin team.

Lol! Well, when you put it that way.

I'm just tired of watching him lose to Wisconsin and other big games. I'm tired of his offense and scared out of his mind to make mistakes coaching, yet his team still manages to shoot themselves in the head. I'm tired of watching Iowa be unranked for most of the last decade.

As I said in another post, thank you to Kirk for the great memories 10 years ago.

Iowa should be a team that is ranked at least in the 20's most every year. That should be an attainable bar.