Reminded why I hardly care anymore.

Bigtenchamp

3-0 start and a week schedule made me think.. mehhh maybe I should pay attention.

But this stale program and stale days of old coaching staff... until someone over there wakes the F up and injects some fresh blood into the program... I'll continue to fall further into apathy.

Yeah I mean the 2015 season was the end... it's just a bunch of horrible 2 star sequels atm.

Just let it go.. time for the next phase.

This game reminded me why I need to stop caring so much about Iowa football. Just be happy when they win a game. It seems that its far to much to ask for this program, led by this coach, to beat the likes of an Alex Horinbrook led Wisconsin team.
Welcome friend. It's much easier this way. No more Saturdays wasted.

Just another wasted season, no big deal. The schedule set up for Iowa and they threw it away. Another of many opportunities to earn respect and advance the program thrown in the garbage. Not even gonna put all the blame on the coaches, players screwed the pooch too. Reality....this team will never win any kind of championship with Ferentz. He does a lot of things right, but not enough to accomplish anything really fantastic.

And yes, Walker, I am done watching for the year. I'll look at the score the next day. A couple of trophy games are now basically the only "important" things remaining for the season. I let this crap get to me too much, which is stupid, I know, but I can't seem to help it.

There's a difference between "appointment games" and everything else. I wouldn't have missed ISU or this game. I didn't watch UNI, because there was better stuff to do. Beyond checking in the second half of PSU to see if Iowa's close, there are no more "appointment games" left until further notice. I'm not blocking out an entire day to watch unranked Iowa and unranked (and bad) Minnesota play for some trophy. If I'm home with nothing going on, I'll watch. If there's anything better to do, I'll peek at notifications on my phone and that'll be plenty. If Iowa football can't beat other entertainment options, they're not getting my eyes. It's pretty simple.

I see the "done watching" thing so many times. I always wonder if anybody really stops watching.

Lol, this is where people get caught up. They follow a team for years hoping that maybe this will be the year. They get fed up with the same ole crap. However, they have an inborn fear that the year they give up and quit following the team, that will be the year they turn it around or within a few years after they quit following them.

Obviously seventy thousand fans must like following a team that likely will go 7-5 every year on the average. They have money and can afford the pricey tickets. This must be nothing more than the same feeling they get with their other forms of entertainment. The Iowa fans are not made up of the same type of fans that you have at the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, Texas, etc. Those folks would never tolerate settling for 7-5. They may go through numerous coaches in search of a great coach. It may take them a decade or two to find that coach but the will never settle. That may be good or bad depending on how you look at things.

Also there is nothing more for the people in Iowa to do with their time. No professional teams to follow. Put Iowa in the same location as Northwestern and you would be lucky to get over 40,000 fans to the game. The Bulls, Cubs, White Sox, a hockey team and just a few hours away you have the Packers and the Bucks. What’s Iowa got. Ames and Iowa City to follow for your sporting entertainment.

So apparently most of the fans who follow ISU or Iowa sports don’t put a premium on winning and competing at a championship level. They keep coming back. Like I said to keep coming back over and over again regardless of the end result every year shows that this is just an entertainment package for their families. That’s the only way I can think to explain the IOWA fandom. Also those fans must somehow identify themselves to that type of thinking. Don’t expect to win but if you do it’s nice.

I think some of us are likely fans of a professional team or two. We are used to seeing professional teams constantly striving to become better and better each year through drafts that try to even the playing field somewhat. I personally am a Cubs, Bears, and Bulls fan along with my favorite college team the Iowa Hawkeyes. That’s a lot of self inflicted pain over a fifty year period. Yes the Bears did it in 1985. The Cubs finally pulled it off. The Bulls were the funnest of all my teams to follow back when Jordan was around.

Unless a giant earthquake strikes Iowa City and swallow Barta and/or Kirk up nothing is every goi g to change until these folks retire. We be stuck like a stuffed pig with a football in its mouth. Snort, snort, oink oink, that’s college football as a Iowa Hawkeye fan. Take it or leave it.:oops:

Last edited:
Well I sure hope that you folks who are done watching for the year are also done posting on this site. We dont need you. The hawk offense could easily have had 20 points tonite or more against a team they only mustered 64 yards against last year.

And except for the kicked punt fumble which led to a 10 yard wisky td drive the defense held wisky to 7 points for 59 minutes.

Yes, not the most exciting football unless you were in the stands but they are still my team.

I see the "done watching" thing so many times. I always wonder if anybody really stops watching.
They keep watching. These people that say those things think everybody is perfect. We had it and a couple of bad plays took it away. The Hawks played a pretty darn good game. The season isn't lost. Hell we could still win the west and then people will really bitch when OSU pummels their opponent. Back to back years we've lost at the end of the game. It's not the coaches fault Stanley didn't connect with his receivers on the last 2 drives. I'm just as sick about the outcome as anybody but I'm not going to crucify some poor guy that probably feels worse than any of us. I'm a Hawk fan win or lose!

Lol, this is where people get caught up. They follow a team for years hoping that maybe this will be the year. They get fed up with the same ole crap. However, they have an inborn fear that the year they give up and quit following the team, that will be the year they turn it around or within a few years after they quit following them.

Obviously seventy thousand fans must like following a team that likely will go 7-5 every year on the average. They have money and can afford the pricey tickets. This must be nothing more than the same feeling they get with their other forms of entertainment. The Iowa fans are not made up of the same type of fans that you have at the likes of Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Alabama, Texas, etc. Those folks would never tolerate settling for 7-5. They may go through numerous coaches in search of a great coach. It may take them a decade or two to find that coach but the will never settle. That may be good or bad depending on how you look at things.

Also there is nothing more for the people in Iowa to do with their time. No professional teams to follow. Put Iowa in the same location as Northwestern and you would be lucky to get over 40,000 fans to the game. The Bulls, Cubs, White Sox, a hockey team and just a few hours away you have the Packers and the Bucks. What’s Iowa got. Ames and Iowa City to follow for your sporting entertainment.

So apparently most of the fans who follow ISU or Iowa sports don’t put a premium on winning and competing at a championship level. They keep coming back. Like I said to keep coming back over and over again regardless of the end result every year shows that this is just an entertainment package for their families. That’s the only way I can think to explain the IOWA fandom. Also those fans must somehow identify themselves to that type of thinking. Don’t expect to win but if you do it’s nice.

I think some of us are likely fans of a professional team or two. We are used to seeing professional teams constantly striving to become better and better each year through drafts that try to even the playing field somewhat. I personally am a Cubs, Bears, and Bulls fan along with my favorite college team the Iowa Hawkeyes. That’s a lot of self inflicted pain over a fifty year period. Yes the Bears did it in 1985. The Cubs finally pulled it off. The Bulls were the funnest of all my teams to follow back when Jordan was around.

Unless a giant earthquake strikes Iowa City and swallow Barta and/or Kirk up nothing is every goi g to change until these folks retire. We be stuck like a stuffed pig with a football in its mouth. Snort, snort, oink oink, that’s college football as a Iowa Hawkeye fan. Take it or leave it.:oops:

Tell me what Michigan, Notre dame and Texas have done lately? They fire coaches? They get overrated coaches who don't do shit? They have populations that dwarf Iowa? The same Iowa that was 12-0 just a few years ago. You ppl don't know how good you have it. I don't post on this dumb site anymore cause it ain't worth it, but 10 years from now when Iowa is garbage I'll be the first one here reminding how good we had it with Kirk.

Latest posts