Remember The Excitement When We Were Moving Forward Like This:

20F'ing12? You think this about 2012? lol It's about 2005 through 2012, and don't give me that orange bowl BS as that was probably the most unexcusable FUp of a season of the entire sample!!

So very well said Myth. More and more it's looking like the 2009 was a "one year wonder" of a season- considering that and 2008 were the only two decent years this program has had in the last 8. I agree that the crap being thrown back of "Yeah but what about 2009" gets real old too because it shows the ignorance of fans who have been watching very average football played in Iowa City for the better part of the last 8 seasons.

So very well said Myth. More and more it's looking like the 2009 was a "one year wonder" of a season- considering that and 2008 were the only two decent years this program has had in the last 8. I agree that the crap being thrown back of "Yeah but what about 2009" gets real old too because it shows the ignorance of fans who have been watching very average football played in Iowa City for the better part of the last 8 seasons.

Pirate, this thread was started on the basis that ISU fans are excited about their season, in fact that same season is just like their last 100 years, very average. Iowa football has been very average of the last 8 seasons, I completely agree. But ISU has always been very average so it really isn't a great comparison.

If it is ok for ISU to be excited about "very average football" but it is stupid for Iowa fans to be excited about generally the same results, except Iowa went to a BCS bowl and won and ISU did what?

Isu has generally been below average and often well below average, or sucks the big one.

I guess I just really don't get their point? Iowa fans aren't excited by the same excitement that ISU is right now. ISU isn't moving forward, they are about average right now. Until ISU wins something more than 6-7 games this comparison makes completely no sense at all.

There's no real comparison between the isu and Iowa program. Yeah yeah yeah you have beat us recently you ding dong clowns but historically the programs are very far apart.

There's no real comparison between the isu and Iowa program. Yeah yeah yeah you have beat us recently you ding dong clowns but historically the programs are very far apart.

I agree, that is my point, but they are claiming that right now ISU is moving forward, that makes no sense. averaging 6 wins a season over the past 4 years isn't moving forward.

Since '05 - ISU has won 40 games in 8 years. That is an average of 5 wins a year. They average 6.25 wins in the past 4 years.

Since '05 - Iowa has won 58 games in 8 years. That is an average of 7.25 wins a year. Iowa averages 7.5 in the past 4 years.

Iowa has averaged 2.25 wins more a year than ISU in the last 8 years and 1.25 more wins in the past 4 years.

I do think they are moving forward but they have historically been so miserable that their moving forward is still very average or below average. When they get top ten finishes and bcs games they can start comparing themselves to us. Until then.... Meh.

I do think they are moving forward but they have historically been so miserable that their moving forward is still very average or below average. When they get top ten finishes and bcs games they can start comparing themselves to us. Until then.... Meh.

I see your point and maybe that is why their fans are excited, maybe their hoping that Paul Rhoads will take them to that next level but odds are against him and those odds are stacked pretty high. Maybe that is what others are trying to say but makes more sense the way you put it.

Clones getting to ten wins, bcs games, top ten finishes, etc. would be a big big step for them and they are a ways from that. And I hope I never see that day.

Clones getting to ten wins, bcs games, top ten finishes, etc. would be a big big step for them and they are a ways from that. And I hope I never see that day.

10 wins, BCS games and top ten finished aren't something I believe will be achieved by Paul Rhoads at ISU. If he starts to get 8-9 wins at ISU other teams are going to start calling with serious cash.

ISU fans believe all they want that Paul Rhoads is happy at ISU but in the end money talks and if the teams are willing to pay him top dollar I don't see ISU paying to keep him. The reason why, is look at Iowa. Ferentz got top dollar to stay and a lock tight contract and when he isn't winning at the top people run him through the mud.

So then morons will come out of the wood work flipping out about tax dollars paying high salaries and stupid crap that doesn't make any sense. ISU doesn't want to be the next Iowa in regards to their coaching situation.

I guess I just really don't get their point? Iowa fans aren't excited by the same excitement that ISU is right now. ISU isn't moving forward, they are about average right now. Until ISU wins something more than 6-7 games this comparison makes completely no sense at all.

Average is moving forward for ISU. Dating back to the first bowl game in 1971, ISU has 12 bowl games in 51 years compared to 3 bowl games in 4 years. That is 23.5% compared to 75% though I'm not sure how you factor in that there are now a lot more bowl games. Coaching records dating back the same time period: 24-30, 36-32, 18-24, 16-24, 28-57, 56-85, 5-19, 24-26. No coach since 1978 has had above 43% win percentage, CPR is at 48% after taking over a 5-19 program.

Average is moving forward for ISU. Dating back to the first bowl game in 1971, ISU has 12 bowl games in 51 years compared to 3 bowl games in 4 years. That is 23.5% compared to 75% though I'm not sure how you factor in that there are now a lot more bowl games. Coaching records dating back the same time period: 24-30, 36-32, 18-24, 16-24, 28-57, 56-85, 5-19, 24-26. No coach since 1978 has had above 43% win percentage, CPR is at 48% after taking over a 5-19 program.

I get what you are saying, but at the same time, will CPR take them to the next level? If ISU fans are ok with 6-7 wins year in or year out then good for them.

Hell, I would bet that if you swapped Rhodes for Ferentz that Ferentz would have a 9-3 team with Iowa State's talent and schedule. He probably would have played that QB all year and won at least 2 more games.

Similalry, I bet Rhodes only goes 2-10 at Iowa.
Extremely unlikely.

Since I have now added to my ignore list, I know I will be much happier and reading threads will take a lot less time! Thanks to Scorpio, FreedComanche, and my new "ignore" the great, the all knowing, all seeing (drum roll here), MythofFerentz!!

You are ignoring me? I just cried a little.

FreedComanche

You are ignoring me? I just cried a little.

You realize that he can't see that because he is ignoring you therefore your posts don't show up when he logs in and checks the thread. But now that I have replied directly to your post, he might be able to see it.

FreedComanche

I must not have realized that since I was so over come with emotion because someone ignores me. I'm not sure how I will go on in life.

FreedComanche

Ok guys. His name is Hok. You know, the same insult those mouthbreathers on CyFan call us. On top of that his avatar is the "crackhawk" from the late 90s that absolutely nobody liked. He's a troll. Ignore him.

Latest posts