Remember CJB to Willies in last April's final open scrimmage?

uihawk82

I can't remember a lot of details of the whole scrimmage but I remember CJ throwing one laser strike to Willies on about a 50 yard skinny post I think it is called. I was wowed and he made other great throws.

Any one else go to Kinnick last April and remember this play? One other type of play I remember were a lot of long passes and long sideline routes to the TEnds which we didnt see much of during the regular season.

But now Willies is gone and the hawks were real close to losing CJ. Definitely want to see CJ have a big year. Hope he has some speedsters to throw to.

Smith will still be a good target to go deep to. I'll be curious to see Vandy's progression as well. Also hearing Andre Harriss, another speedster has shown improvement. Still an awful idea for Willies to transfer in hindsight. He could of easily of taken Vandy's spot on the two deep for next year if he was committed to it. Willies and Smith with Sunshine could of been fun.

Smith will still be a good target to go deep to. I'll be curious to see Vandy's progression as well. Also hearing Andre Harriss, another speedster has shown improvement. Still an awful idea for Willies to transfer in hindsight. He could of easily of taken Vandy's spot on the two deep for next year if he was committed to it. Willies and Smith with Sunshine could of been fun.

Agreed about Willies transfer. He completely gave up/lost 2yrs of playing football.

As as for the OP... Wasn't Wilson the star of spring ball a few years back? Or how about Haluska a couple years ago? My point is this... The 2 hour window us fans get to see these guys in April is tiny compared to the other 365 days a year that they have with the coaches/trainers/teammates.

Can we all promise not to get too wound up with the the name that pops out after this spring practice? Can we? Anyone? Helloooo!?!? Ah nevermind.

I can't remember a lot of details of the whole scrimmage but I remember CJ throwing one laser strike to Willies on about a 50 yard skinny post I think it is called. I was wowed and he made other great throws.

Any one else go to Kinnick last April and remember this play? One other type of play I remember were a lot of long passes and long sideline routes to the TEnds which we didnt see much of during the regular season.

But now Willies is gone and the hawks were real close to losing CJ. Definitely want to see CJ have a big year. Hope he has some speedsters to throw to.

Its ok. We've got shorter slower less athletic guys to play receiver.

Awful idea by Ferentz to A not play him from the get go and B not let him come back.

If you quit mid season i want nothing to do with you. But if you wait till the end of the year to bail on your team, I'll let you transfer wherever you want and even S your D before you leave.

Please quit in the middle of a project at work and see how you're received by your boss and/or coworkers. I guarantee it'll be different than if you were to wait until after the project was finished. Not to mention the fact that you quit but are still being paid for work you're not doing.

Please quit in the middle of a project at work and see how you're received by your boss and/or coworkers. I guarantee it'll be different than if you were to wait until after the project was finished. Not to mention the fact that you quit but are still being paid for work you're not doing.

Ok I'll do that today and let you know how it turns out. It probably won't help prove your point though because my boss is pretty much the coolest person that ever lived.

Ok I'll do that today and let you know how it turns out. It probably won't help prove your point though because my boss is pretty much the coolest person that ever lived.

Let me guess... Self employed? Lol'n. Jkjk.

Totally different situation.

He walked away because they weren't letting him get on the field.

If anything his team should be mad at KF for keeping him off the field.

Totally different situation.

He walked away because they weren't letting him get on the field.

If anything his team should be mad at KF for keeping him off the field.

Yea the comparison should have been... you quit your job in the middle of a project that some of your co workers are working on but they wouldn't let you be a part of it.

Not quitting in the middle of something is a good life lesson and it's one I'll preach to my kids. But in reality, it's more about teaching the life lesson than about "you can't do that to your team". Willies leaving didn't hurt the team at all last year but it hurts like hell this year. So other than following the life lesson, what did it hurt? Quitting like he did also drives home his point more than waiting till the end of the season does.

Latest posts