Redshirt Gabe Next Year...... NOT SO FAST!!!

boy that will be a tough call, he was passing the ball well and really attacking the hoop, great defense.

It might end up being his decision but if I was him I would redshirt.

Then when he comes back after a year basabe and marble would be gone and more minutes for him on the floor.

i still say only redshirt him if Meyer looks like he can handle legit minutes. otherwise no way. we will need a legit backup center if we are going to make some hay next year.

Im with Meatman. The big O is looking like a legit middle man that can handle some minutes next year. Meyer is still a question mark and is untested.

A month ago I was in favor of it but at this rate might be the best big on the team by next year and the best shot blocker in the league No way it goes down now unless he really wants to do it for some reason.

He really should have redshirted last year.

Gabe and the coaches will make the right decision. We are going to be good next year. If Gabe is a key piece to accomplishing our team goals he will play. It's looking more and more like he will be in the rotation...but Woodbury will be better and able to handle more minutes. Again, they will make the right decision. One of my favorite things about Gabe is that he lets himself have a good time on the court during the game. I love guys that will actually smile and enjoy a good play, possession, etc.

I know Gabe can help us and I know a lot of people think a redshirt is a dumb idea. We are going to have a 12 man rotation...13 if you include Ingram. There is no way we can get adequate minutes for 13 players. I think Ingram is an obvious choice for a redshirt next year. Get him out of that class with Clemmons and Gesell.

please get him through asap. The Hawks only play Nebraska twice a year. He's lame vs. more talented teams.

don't see it

don't like putting both bigs in the same class

don't see that gabe is ever going to take minutes away from woody

gabe gets more mccabe minutes next year

I know Gabe can help us and I know a lot of people think a redshirt is a dumb idea. We are going to have a 12 man rotation...13 if you include Ingram. There is no way we can get adequate minutes for 13 players. I think Ingram is an obvious choice for a redshirt next year. Get him out of that class with Clemmons and Gesell.

The obvious solution in my mind, even though it will offend people, is just stop playing Ogelsby and McCabe.

Its not about being fair to everybody, its about winning.

don't see it

don't like putting both bigs in the same class

don't see that gabe is ever going to take minutes away from woody

gabe gets more mccabe minutes next year

I don't know what will happen but you are not acknowledging Uthoff and Meyer. If they both get minutes then other guys lose minutes. We could have a problem with enough playing time...but it's a good problem to have.

Latest posts