Recruiting

RobHowe

Administrator
Cover recruiting long enough and you continue seeing everything. Nothing surprises.

Anyway, I can only say so much on this situation, but here goes.

Fran told me Iowa is recruiting recruiting DJ Gordon. That's all he can and did say on it. He can't speak publicly on details of the recruitment.

After the Hawkeyes decided to move on, DJG was really disappointed. He loved his visit and wanted a chance to continue getting to know the coaches, school and program.

So, the relationship is not dead yet. This does not mean Iowa will end up taking the kid or that the kid will end up choosing the Hawkeyes. These things need to be figured out, which is a process.

I'll keep you posted when I find out more.

Wow, I just figured the staff was locked in on Sibley and moved on.
DJ Gordon would be a huge pickup if everyone’s on the same page.

Hope they get DJ but then why did they move on exactly? But I get that Fran can't talk about it, for whatever reason.

Wow, I just figured the staff was locked in on Sibley and moved on.
DJ Gordon would be a huge pickup if everyone’s on the same page.
Well maybe they realized Sibley isn’t going to come to Iowa (speculation) they realized they need DJ.

LOL.

I give up.

giphy.gif

So does anyone know what happened? This would be classic Fran to overplay his hand with Sibley and end up losing both Sibley and Gordon.

Speculation is that Sibley’s final two are GTown and Iowa, with many speculating GTown. Now Cuse might be entering the mix which hurts Iowa chances even more.

Boy o boy if Fran misses on XF this class looks like it’s going to end up as an absolute train wreck.

Thanks for clarifying Rob. I’ll never understand recruitment, particularly basketball.
Think of how difficult it is for non blue blood coaches. These kids act so entitled now that it's hard for coaches to be honest with them about their roles. They think they can step right in and be the alpha dog from day one because of all the smoke shoe agants and AAU dudes have blown up their sphincters.

Latest posts