Recruiting

Speculation is that Sibley’s final two are GTown and Iowa, with many speculating GTown. Now Cuse might be entering the mix which hurts Iowa chances even more.

Boy o boy if Fran misses on XF this class looks like it’s going to end up as an absolute train wreck.
Sibley’s LAST visit appears to always be his favorite visit. Hope not.

Josh Ogundele is scheduled to officially visit this weekend as well as ‘21 Treyton Thompson. I’d say both are power forwards with some versatility.

Xavier Foster will be here for unofficial. He’s scheduled to announce on Nov. 11.

Josh Ogundele is scheduled to officially visit this weekend as well as ‘21 Treyton Thompson. I’d say both are power forwards with some versatility.

Xavier Foster will be here for unofficial. He’s scheduled to announce on Nov. 11.
Sorry for the nitpick, but Ogundele looks like a true Center of the wide bodied variety to me. It sounds like he might have some other skills on the offensive end but I don’t see him defending power forwards.

I actually like him as a prospect. Maybe a redshirt candidate his freshman year with Garza, Nunge, and hopefully Foster around.

Yeah. I try not to get into position debates in 2019, especially when it comes to discussing Iowa.
Fair enough. Those debates can be never ending really.

This is a general question, not about this particular player. I heard this discussion on one of the ESPN radio shows. Do you consider someone positions based on where they play on offense or what position they defend?

Me personally I believe your position is what position you defend.

Think of how difficult it is for non blue blood coaches. These kids act so entitled now that it's hard for coaches to be honest with them about their roles. They think they can step right in and be the alpha dog from day one because of all the smoke shoe agants and AAU dudes have blown up their sphincters.

Sad but so true.

LOL.

I give up.

Maybe he just wanted to use Iowa as chub bait to try to catch a bigger fish. Kinda like the guy who has a prom date with a “7” but would drop her like a rock if a “9” offer came along. This kid needs a optometrist he dropped the “7” for “5”. :D

Fair enough. Those debates can be never ending really.

This is a general question, not about this particular player. I heard this discussion on one of the ESPN radio shows. Do you consider someone positions based on where they play on offense or what position they defend?

Me personally I believe your position is what position you defend.

Honestly, as someone in my early 50s, the positions I grew up playing and then watching for a lot of my life are obsolete on both ends of the floor with how versatile NBA players have become.

Honestly, as someone in my early 50s, the positions I grew up playing and then watching for a lot of my life are obsolete on both ends of the floor with how versatile NBA players have become.
It started with the three point line and the elimination of the small forward position, which was the glamour position of the league in the Dr J/Walter Davis/Alex English/Jamaal
Wilkes days of my youth.

This definitely hurt Roy Marble in the NBA. Roy didn't help himself with some other issues but his natural position was small forward, not shooting guard, and the small forward was rapidly becoming extinct by 1990.

Last edited:
Check didn't clear?

tenor.gif

Latest posts