Recruiting Roundup - Late Signing Period

Rob - is the new scholly offer to the walk-on LB a result of Boyle leaving and freeing up an extra scholly? Or in your expert opinion, are we missing on the FL and GA recruits?

Klemp has been on Iowa's board for awhile. He's visited multiple times. He wasn't going to walk on with the Hawkeyes. He would have gone to NDSU, USD or UNI had Iowa not offered.

The Hawkeyes still would take McDonald and/or Miller.

Reported on the FSU side that there may be some question on Miller's ability to qualify academically. Would think McDonald is our better opportunity. Oftentimes it seems a late offer (Klemp) means we have missed on someone so hopefully McDonald is still in play for us.

Awesome! Not that I necessarily have a problem with fallbacks late, but this certainly is not a fallback.

As lame as that would be our coaches would be crazy to not consider one.... If only there was one

I recall the days of Reggie Roby. I used to watch him during the summer at Waterloo West. He would have about 30 footballs on the 10yardline, then he would go to the other 10. These punts had unreal hang time, and the distance was amazing.

I recall the days of Reggie Roby. I used to watch him during the summer at Waterloo West. He would have about 30 footballs on the 10yardline, then he would go to the other 10. These punts had unreal hang time, and the distance was amazing.
I'm old enough to remember him in the pros but not his time at Iowa or HS. He was as good as it gets no doubt

Yeah. The problem was he was also used for placekicking. His punts were things of beauty - very high and very, very deep (often outkicking his coverage). His placekicking was an adventure every time.

Latest posts