Recruiting for next year

I read where Kentucky is abandoning their platooning system after striking out with their first seven recruits for next year. It sounds like Ulis is going to be bench sitting a lot next year.

Could you drop a link?

Seems crazy that a player would be angry being on a 38 win team. Ulis was arguable one of there most consistent and most deserving guards in my opinion.

Maybe he would think about a transfer to Iowa. Hey, I can dream!

Could you drop a link?

Seems crazy that a player would be angry being on a 38 win team. Ulis was arguable one of there most consistent and most deserving guards in my opinion.

Maybe he would think about a transfer to Iowa. Hey, I can dream!

I don't remember where I saw the article, but it said the Kentucky was putting it out on facebook because he didn't want to scare away anymore of the top recruits he was after. Kentucky has a five star point guard coming in next year. Iowa could probably use him after this coming year, but I think the Iowa coaching staff are in on some pretty good point guards. It seems silly to me that they wouldn't recruit a top guy with the athleticism they have coming in this year, and the coming opportunity at that position at Iowa. Ulis is pretty good, but there are a lot of quality guys out there.

I read where Kentucky is abandoning their platooning system after striking out with their first seven recruits for next year. It sounds like Ulis is going to be bench sitting a lot next year.

Ulis played 23.8 minutes per game. His assist to turnover ratio was 3.6 to 1. He shot 40.6% from the field; 80.8% from the line; and 42.9% from 3. He won't be sitting "a lot."

I think that when next year is over with we can say how much Ulis played. I do know that the Kentucky coach has said he was doing away with platooning his players because he thought it was hurting his recruiting.

I think that when next year is over with we can say how much Ulis played. I do know that the Kentucky coach has said he was doing away with platooning his players because he thought it was hurting his recruiting.

I think doing away with the platoon is a good idea. And I think it does hurt recruiting at a place like Kentucky. The point I'm making is that Ulis is really good and will be in their rotation be it 7, 8 or 9 guys.

I think doing away with the platoon is a good idea. And I think it does hurt recruiting at a place like Kentucky. The point I'm making is that Ulis is really good and will be in their rotation be it 7, 8 or 9 guys.

I can understand what your saying. He will probably play a lot. It will be interesting to see if he starts over the five star point guard they have coming in. I'm not sure if the Kentucky coach would play him a lot if he felt it would hurt recruiting though. Ulis will probably be at Kentucky for four years.

I can understand what your saying. He will probably play a lot. It will be interesting to see if he starts over the five star point guard they have coming in. I'm not sure if the Kentucky coach would play him a lot if he felt it would hurt recruiting though. Ulis will probably be at Kentucky for four years.

And probably play w/4 different sets of line-ups, as fast as kids leave there.....;)

Cal thinks outside of the box. He may play Ulis and the 5 star together.

Latest posts