Recruiting for next year

CYUL8R

Banned
I'm curious - who (besides Jok) do the Hawkeyes have coming in for star recruits next year? I know Uthoff is eligible (nice to see you getting on the transfer bandwagon...) but other than those 2, who's coming in? You guys lose May and probably some other 'bench' players to graduation, right? Is the cupboard already full?

Not trying to be a troll - this is a legit question.

Kyle Meyer should also be playing as a redshirt freshman next season. Otherwise that is it, unlike the Lick years Iowa is starting to keep the roster full of scholarship players.

Lose one scholarship player (May) and gain three (Joke, Uthoff and Meyer), should be one of the deepest Iowa rosters in the past 30 years.

There were only 2 scholarships available (Uhtoff and Jok). There will be no other recruiting unless someone transfers out.

Last year Fran filled up:

Gessel
Woodbury
Clemmons
Meyer
Ingram

That left one open scholarship so we could have 2 for 2013, but 1 went to Uhtoff and the other to Jok.

There were only 2 scholarships available (Uhtoff and Jok). There will be no other recruiting unless someone transfers out.

Last year Fran filled up:

Gessel
Woodbury
Clemmons
Meyer
Ingram

That left one open scholarship so we could have 2 for 2013, but 1 went to Uhtoff and the other to Jok.

Gotcha - I kinda figured that would be the case. Should be a good 2-3 years coming up then. Glad to see the rivalry will actually BE a rivalry going forward rather than the lopsided years we've had in the past.

Good luck tonight.

There should be 3 scholarships available for the 2014 class (Marble, Basabe, and McCabe). I would like to think they will be filled by a pg, wing, and a post. Another true center type would be nice. I'm not sure about Meyer being a center but rather a 4.

Gotcha - I kinda figured that would be the case. Should be a good 2-3 years coming up then. Glad to see the rivalry will actually BE a rivalry going forward rather than the lopsided years we've had in the past.

It's been about as even as a rivalry could be...since 2001 the game has been won by the home team (the only exception was 2010)

Over the last 15 years ISU has an 8-7 edge

Over the last 25 years, Iowa leads 13-12.

Unless you're referring the lifetime record, where Iowa has a clear 41-23 edge...you don't get much more "rivalry" in a matchup.

(then again, I realize you clones like to choose your snapshots, so you're probably only seeing 2009-2011 and considering it "dominated" by ISU. That would not surprise)

It's been about as even as a rivalry could be...since 2001 the game has been won by the home team (the only exception was 2010)

Unless you're referring the lifetime record, where Iowa has a clear 41-23 edge...you don't get much more "rivalry" in a matchup.

(then again, I realize you clones like to choose your snapshots, so you're probably only seeing 2009-2011 and considering it "dominated" by ISU. That would not surprise)

Talking about more than one game's score. I realize that's what you chose to focus on because of this year's result, however, I was speaking more from a program standpoint - trips to NCAA (or NIT I guess), overall recruiting, fan support, etc.

And yes, let's keep it in the last 20 years or so...because if you have to go back farther than that to justify who is better...perhaps the more recent results haven't lived up to expecations? Let's face it, we can all learn from past mistakes so it stands to reason that a good program would be moving UP as you go forward. Shouldn't need to go back to the beginning of time.

Talking about more than one game's score. I realize that's what you chose to focus on because of this year's result, however, I was speaking more from a program standpoint - trips to NCAA (or NIT I guess), overall recruiting, fan support, etc.

And yes, let's keep it in the last 20 years or so...because if you have to go back farther than that to justify who is better...perhaps the more recent results haven't lived up to expecations? Let's face it, we can all learn from past mistakes so it stands to reason that a good program would be moving UP as you go forward. Shouldn't need to go back to the beginning of time.

So...who would you say has dominated the rivalry then? Still not really following your logic.

I guess if you insist, we could. :)

ISU has had some good teams recently (particularly the ones where they've utilized players who've been kicked out of Big Ten schools).

I would suspect that the home team will continue to win in this series, and as one poster has already mentioned, it's already a pretty even rivalry.

Latest posts