Recruit Visit?

If you type say "Melsahn Basabe Iowa Visit" in google then read the preview of the top result I think you'll find what he's talking about. Google doesn't know you don't have a subscription to the site so it still gives you a preview of the article with part you want to know...
Melsahn Basabe Iowa Visit - Google Search
First one says he is planning his visit in 2 weeks.

EDIT: This is even better, says he will visit in the next week and was written a day before the pay site.
http://qctimes.com/sports/college/big-10/iowa/article_e00753d0-4811-11df-b7f6-001cc4c03286.html

He's selling something that is readily available for free elsewhere. If I were selling air in my store, I wouldn't be upset if you stole that and gave it away, I'd be upset that someone figured out my scam.

This just isn't true. Rob worked for over 2 weeks to land the interview with Basabe and no other site or reporter that I'm aware of has been able to visit with him. So, that info is NOT available elsewhere, until another poster stole that information and posted it on this site. The same can be said with the many articles Rob provides for interviews he has had with recruits, as Jon can't visit with recruits per his separation agreement with Scout.

You can spin it anyway you want, but the reality is by posting Rob's paid site info on this board is nothing more and nothing less than stealing.

It's no different than going on the internet and downloading music for free.

So, if you run a business, you wouldn't mind if I walked in today and took your products and went out and gave it away for free on the street today? Rob makes his living on paid customers and his product is the articles and information he provides. If others are going to give that information out for free, then it is no different than me walking into your business, stealing your inventory and giving it away....zero difference.

If I run a business,

and you come into my store

and take a yard rake from me-

and because you did this it sold one of my leaf blowers, I'd say go for it.

Even if you take said rake, showed it to a bunch of people and said... "Hey I got this rake from PlanoHawk's Hardware... they get the great equipment first and know their stuff" I'd be OK with it.

But, understand that you're also going to pay me a membership fee before you can come into my store and walk out with said rake- if that's OK... then sure, have my rake!

It's Friday and now I'm at least half amused at that half effort! :rolleyes:

This just isn't true. Rob worked for over 2 weeks to land the interview with Basabe and no other site or reporter that I'm aware of has been able to visit with him. So, that info is NOT available elsewhere, until another poster stole that information and posted it on this site. The same can be said with the many articles Rob provides for interviews he has had with recruits, as Jon can't visit with recruits per his separation agreement with Scout.

You can spin it anyway you want, but the reality is by posting Rob's paid site info on this board is nothing more and nothing less than stealing.

It's no different than going on the internet and downloading music for free.

I feel really bad that someone who appears to be a nice and hardworking guy has invested so much time and energy on a business model that has absolutely zero chance of making it long term. That being said I don't remotely feel bad about finding the information he sells for free elsewhere, be it from posters who talk about it or other places on the interweb.

So, if you run a business, you wouldn't mind if I walked in today and took your products and went out and gave it away for free on the street today? Rob makes his living on paid customers and his product is the articles and information he provides. If others are going to give that information out for free, then it is no different than me walking into your business, stealing your inventory and giving it away....zero difference.

Here is why you don't get it.

Though he sells information ultimately once it's sold it no longer belongs to him. His "property" is his writing. The info itself is sold to members who once they pay for it own it. It is up to them to do with as they choose. It's no differnt than someone who writes a book. The writing itself is thier property, but the idea is now public domain.

I understand you feel it's not appropriate for you to talk about it here, but its not "stealing" for someone else to do it.

Have you ever let anyone borrow something of yours, or, have you ever borrowed something from someone else? If the answer is yes, in either case, then you my free web site acquaintance are a hypocrite!

Latest posts