Really need Northwestern to win tonight

Bohawk

Maybe stating the obvious, but it has to benefit Iowa for NU to make NCAA Tourney and get them out of the NIT mix. In addition, it can only help for Minnesota to lose and get them out of the same mix.

Of course, win three more and it won't matter.

Nope. I can't cheer for them to win anything. Plus continuing their streak of never making it to the Dance only discredits them further for future recruits.

Maybe stating the obvious, but it has to benefit Iowa for NU to make NCAA Tourney and get them out of the NIT mix. In addition, it can only help for Minnesota to lose and get them out of the same mix.

Of course, win three more and it won't matter.

Meaningless. We have to win tomorrow or our season is over.

We arent playing in the cit or cbi and no way we get into nit unless we win tomorrow

I think this is a common misconception, when Minnesota goes small, they are much more effective. Now they are forced to.

Didn't they lose like 6 of 7 to end the year? I know they had a rough schedule, but NW was one of those losses. I have a feeling they win again.

I personally want NIT (or NCAA if we win the tournament) or nothing. I'd rather end the season with an above .500 record than play in the Cwhatever tournament.

I don't really think this game effects much myself and I'm torn on if I want the Cats in the tournament or not. They don't really deserve to go, that's for sure.

We arent playing in the cit or cbi and no way we get into nit unless we win tomorrow

Just heard Rick Brown say the same thing on the Murph n Andy show. NIT is now run by the NCAA and is an RPI based tournament. As of right now, the hawks are still on the bubble. Lets go hawks!

I think we're on the NIT bubble right now so it could go either way. I'm rooting for NW for reasons stated above.

The NIT suits want to put butts in seats and if they give Iowa a home game there will be more interest from fans here than other schools because of how success-deprived we've been in the last 5 years.

I want NW to win so they get into the damn tournament. Then they can get the crap kicked out of them and we can stop hearing about NW every year having not made the tournament. Plus in the event Iowa loses tomorrow I do not want Minnesota getting a NIT bid over Iowa or NW getting the spot because they go knocked out of the NCAA.

Let's just have Texas beat ISU, then the Longhorns will take the bid from NW any way.

NW loses. ISU loses.
NW to the NIT.

Boy, is this a fallacy. All it means is that Northwestern swaps with another bubble team. The team the Wildcats jump to make the NCAA is in the NIT. Iowa has to win. Whether Northwestern wins or loses is irrelevant to Iowa's chances for the NIT.

I don't know why people think that if Northwestern makes the NCAA it opens up another spot in the NIT. It doesn't. Northwestern just switches spots with Cincinnati, for example.

Boy, is this a fallacy. All it means is that Northwestern swaps with another bubble team. The team the Wildcats jump to make the NCAA is in the NIT. Iowa has to win. Whether Northwestern wins or loses is irrelevant to Iowa's chances for the NIT.

I don't know why people think that if Northwestern makes the NCAA it opens up another spot in the NIT. It doesn't. Northwestern just switches spots with Cincinnati, for example.

I disagree.

B1G is the top conference in the NCAA, the NIT is going to take at least 1 B1G team. If there is only 1 NIT bid then I want that bid to be Iowa. I think NW winning places them into the dance and pushes Minnesota down. Iowa just beat Illinois who finished 2-12 to end the season but beat Iowa once, it is iffy Iowa gets in over Illinois. If Minnesota loses how do you make a case for them to be in the NIT over Iowa? Yeah they got a bunch of wins but over a bunch of nobody's.

Latest posts