Really need Northwestern to win tonight

there were a couple NIT brakets shown and 1 had Iowa as a 4 seed, the other had them as a 8 seed. i still can't understand how NW can be in the discussion for any tourney they showed a stat i found interesting NW 1-10 against teams in the top 50 RPI teams, to me they put more into teams losing than they do winning,

I have been saying that Iowa has to win two and get at least two games over .500 to get into the NIT, no matter what NW did.

My question is how is Illinois SOLIDLY IN the NIT with a 3 Seed? 5-13 record in the Big Ten and 17-15 overall? Someone please explain?? Winning just 2 games in there last 14 played.

It kinda looks like we beat the Team that Knocks us out of the NIT and they now are solidly in.. :)

Last edited:
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur
tired kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

Wild Cats NCAA hopes go nighty night.

and you have been wrong. of course none of that matters now. this is all spankies fault.

We'll see

Your theory of losing to NW helping Iowa is looking really, really great right now.

Iowa may be solidly in right now if they would have beaten NW, coupled with a win today...

Last edited:
I agree with your last sentence.

Do any of you know the nit criteria? Anyone? We won't get it if we lose tomorrow. We won't even be on the bubble.

As for the CIT or CBI, no big 10 team has ever competed in either tournament and I doubt we will be the first

Yeah, there is no criteria for the NIT, they could pick a 5 win team if they wanted.

Latest posts