RB situation

I didn't say (not even close). And no we're not in trouble because we have two other RB's who would start at many other Big 10 schools in my opinion.

Willis is a solid back for Indiana, but I think Wegher could start over him. Northwestern, that's one I don't see you disputing successfully. Michigan State has Caper and Baker, but neither is a dominating back by any means yet, hence the "maybe". And Michigan? Brandon Minor is gone, so are Carlos Brown and Kevin Grady. Vincent Smith is the only RB in the top 3 for UM's leading returning rushers. He had 276 yards last year, 166 coming against Delaware State. The other two leading rushers are Robinson and Forcier. So pardon me for thinking that Wegher would have a shot there.

I don't think there's too many teams in the Big 10 this year that Wegher would start on. I don't think he'll get that many carries this year.
What? So your coming down on BW just because you think the other two are better? Come on man, he's got some skills. I've not seen any other back in the BigTen jump as high and as deep into the endzone over that defensive line. Not to mention he is a homerun type of back. Give him some daylight and he's gone. Seasoning and practice will likely surprise you. He'll only get better. Barring any injuries of course.
Yes the other two backs are good as well. A Rob is consistent, and when healthy shows us he can get 6 to 8 yards, maybe a run or two of 15 to 20 now and then. But he doesn't seem to have that second or third gear. Hampton, coming off last year's injury, will have to show us again what he's capable of. I think all 3 are very capable. And BW is certainly no slouch.

Everyone is judging BW off last year. and comparing him to A-rob etc. He was a freshman and has been Doylized. He's going to be good, real good and could start for a lot of teams. Including Indiana. Hampton was a freshman too, and he was behind Greene to help him out. BW is going to be good.

I'm sorry guys, I just don't think he's that good of a running back. We'll have to agree to disagree.

We'll know more this year. If Hamptom and Robinson are healthy I'll be surprised if Wegher gets more than 1 series per game.

We'll know at the end of the year who was right and who was wrong.

Everyone is judging BW off last year. and comparing him to A-rob etc. He was a freshman and has been Doylized. He's going to be good, real good and could start for a lot of teams. Including Indiana. Hampton was a freshman too, and he was behind Greene to help him out. BW is going to be good.

I dont know much about indiana, but if that willis is coming back i really dont see wegher starting over him.

I dont know much about indiana, but if that willis is coming back i really dont see wegher starting over him.

Willis was just a freshman last year. I think Wegher could start there (won't say he WOULD, but I think he could). Willis is going to be a pretty darn good back, but a Doyle-d up Wegher I think would contend for that spot.

Willis was just a freshman last year. I think Wegher could start there (won't say he WOULD, but I think he could). Willis is going to be a pretty darn good back, but a Doyle-d up Wegher I think would contend for that spot.

Well could you imagine what a doyled up willis would be like with our oline. I love wegher and think he will be a great back, but i dont think there are a lot of big ten teams he would start for maybe 4 at the most, but i dont see indy being one of them with willis. I dont even see him starting at UNI.

I was looking through the practice vid and pics posted on the University web site and still did not see Wegher anywhere does anyone have any info on this?

Well could you imagine what a doyled up willis would be like with our oline. I love wegher and think he will be a great back, but i dont think there are a lot of big ten teams he would start for maybe 4 at the most, but i dont see indy being one of them with willis. I dont even see him starting at UNI.

But the point is that Willis doesn't have a Doyle. So that's an advantage that Wegher has over him.

But the point is that Willis doesn't have a Doyle. So that's an advantage that Wegher has over him.

Even with a doyle i still think willis would start over wegher. Remember James Hardy, he didnt have a Doyle and at the time he was at indy he was clearly better than the recievers we had who did have Doyle.

At the end of next year when A-rob is behind Wegher on the depth chart. Robinson had a year in the system to get stronger and know the zone blocking schemes. In high school running backs get the ball and hit the hole.Which looked like his problem half the time but i guarantee robinson dont out run those supposively faster ACC defenders in the Orange Bowl like he did. by the way we all know hes probably the best reciever out of the back field hands down. And to say he wouldnt start on any other big ten team is ridiculous.

Plus what people have to realize is that Wegher worked his *** off in high school. I don't think he has as much upside.

Our offensive line was just ridiculous last year, one of the best in the nation. Too often I saw Wegher not making people miss in the hole, not getting YAC, not running near as hard as Robinson.

When you go untouched running full speed and the safety tackles you about everytime 5 yards past the line of scrimmage the O-line did it's job. Outside of the Orange Bowl, Wegher was mediocre in my opinion. Mediocre might be an overstatement.

His huge runs in the Orange bowl were also great blocking. He got the ball and ran straight not having to change direction at all. It was a nice showcase of speed though.

Another thing is he fumbles more than I would like to see.

i seem to remember our o-line struggling against uni, getting dominated by wisconsin, i remember the posts on this site i read during the game. wegher fell forward all the time. but then again that goes back to doyle and having a year to get in the system to get stronger. and since he is not good enough to start or play for any other big ten what was penn state and minnesota thinking when they offered him ?????

Even with a doyle i still think willis would start over wegher. Remember James Hardy, he didnt have a Doyle and at the time he was at indy he was clearly better than the recievers we had who did have Doyle.

But the talent gap between Willis and Wegher is nowhere near as big as the gap between Hardy and our receivers was. Doyle can make up a lot, but that was one battle even he couldn't win.

Plus what people have to realize is that Wegher worked his *** off in high school. I don't think he has as much upside.

Our offensive line was just ridiculous last year, one of the best in the nation. Too often I saw Wegher not making people miss in the hole, not getting YAC, not running near as hard as Robinson.

When you go untouched running full speed and the safety tackles you about everytime 5 yards past the line of scrimmage the O-line did it's job. Outside of the Orange Bowl, Wegher was mediocre in my opinion. Mediocre might be an overstatement.

His huge runs in the Orange bowl were also great blocking. He got the ball and ran straight not having to change direction at all. It was a nice showcase of speed though.

Another thing is he fumbles more than I would like to see.

Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!

Latest posts