RB for 2015

KatoZenti

I heard on Suterman & Howe today that we need a RB.

Here are our choices for 2015:

Parker
Wadley
Daniels, Jr.
Wellik-walk on
Canzeri
Hilliard-redshirting 2014
Higdon-incoming 2015 recruit

Who'll rise to the top? Is there a breakaway back in this group?

Markel Smith could also be back if his academics are in order. He would also be a good choice. There will be a lot of competition at that position.

I can't answer that but Wadley is the only one I've seen that gives me hope. Canzeri is too easy to tackle and fragile. Daniels does not have the speed. Have no knowledge about the others. I hope we have a good one in there as we really need one.

Markel Smith could also be back if his academics are in order. He would also be a good choice. There will be a lot of competition at that position.

the head coach is KF. There is no such thing as a position competition. Sadly he probably has his mind made up now who his 2015 RB will be.

I hope that Markel Smith makes it back. He sounds like a real good all around back. But if not ,Hope Wadley dedicates himself to the weight room and adds 15 pounds. Him and Parker.

the head coach is KF. There is no such thing as a position competition. Sadly he probably has his mind made up now who his 2015 RB will be.

I agree. Would have just given a thumbs up but apparently if somebody has already given it a thumbs down that's impossible so that feature is basically useless. :mad:

I agree. Would have just given a thumbs up but apparently if somebody has already given it a thumbs down that's impossible so that feature is basically useless. :mad:

I think it adds to their count. It just doesn't show up on the post.

I'm hoping Adam Cox makes a smooth transition and carries the load.

Not so fast my friend! Macon Plewa will be a senior next year too so Adam's got his work cut out for him if he wants to be the starting RB in 2015. Sarcasm mode off.

In all seriousness, I think Canzeri will be the starter while the 2 & 3 spots will be up for grabs. I haven't seen enough of Daniels to know what to think of him. I like what I've seen so far from Parker & Wadley. I totally forgot about Markel Smith. I find comfort in the fact that all of them seem to bring a higher level of playmaking ability to the field than Weisman, but I'd like to see one of them separate themselves from the rest of the pack. With that said, I think we'll miss Weisman in the 3rd/4th & short situations.

Not Canzeri. If somebody flicks him he gets hurt. He seems to have lost some of the little burst he once had anyway. I would say Daniels Jr., and Wadley. Who knows with Captain clueless though, he will probably move Plewa to rb.

I would expect that with the depth Iowa is likely to have at running back next year that neither of the full backs will be converted to running backs. Having 2 experienced fullbacks blocking for the running backs will help them out a lot next year. I could see the difference that was made in the Illinois game when Plewa came back. Adam Cox did great 2 years ago also. The competition at the full back position should be as interesting to watch as the running back position. If John Kenny moves back to linebacker he looks like a player that can compete for a starting job there also. I fill confident that with Canzari, Smith, Wadley Daniels, Parker and the rest running behind the experienced Iowa full back group that they will be very affective.

I would expect that with the depth Iowa is likely to have at running back next year that neither of the full backs will be converted to running backs. Having 2 experienced fullbacks blocking for the running backs will help them out a lot next year. I could see the difference that was made in the Illinois game when Plewa came back. Adam Cox did great 2 years ago also. The competition at the full back position should be as interesting to watch as the running back position. If John Kenny moves back to linebacker he looks like a player that can compete for a starting job there also. I fill confident that with Canzari, Smith, Wadley Daniels, Parker and the rest running behind the experienced Iowa full back group that they will be very affective.

Lotta depth. Not a lot of talent.

I would prefer to see one full game with LD in the backfield. I think he gives us our best chance to have a solid back that holds up. Not quite Shonn Greene but durable and can tote it 25 times without issues. I think he is that back with Wadley as a change of pace back. JC just doesn't do it for me. He looks fragile and while he does have the explosiveness I just don't think he's the guy that can run it 20 times a game and therefore should be relegated to 3rd down back. I think LD needs those carries to get in a flow much like Shonn needed his carries. I hope we get to see that rather than pulling the hook so fast on him after 5 carries cause no back is good with only a handful of carries. Unfortunately Kirk gave all those carries to MW and there was never going to be a flow with a 5.3 40 guy cause he just wasn't meant to be a tb.

Iowa has proven what it needs at rb...power with quickness and vision...think Greene, Russell, young, Hampton. That is what works best in our style.

1) Canzeri - he has 2 of the 3. The power is not there but he has added weight to help. Problem is he is injury prone.

2) wadley - he has shown 3 of 3. Problem is he hasn't hung onto the ball and a limited amount of game experience.

3) Parker - he has shown 1 of 3. I don't count the vision because he hasn't had snaps at rb (very few). Almost all snaps as a jet sweep back. His holes were huge so I don't know if he has good vision.

4) Daniels - he has shown 1 of 3. He hasn't shown great quicks and he has bad vision. He still acts like it is hs and he can beat everyone to the outside.

5) the unknowns - they are just that unknown and we don't know what they bring. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up.

i would like wadley to get about 60 percent of the snaps. Canzeri get about 30 percent. Daniels to get about 10 percent. And Parker stay in the jet sweep spot but use him more for passes so teams are more honest.

Latest posts