Randy Larson says Tucker could have beaten the charges

Interesting...just goes to show there are always two sides to a story. I'm guessing this one is somewhere in the middle. We'll never know though. I hope AT can get things repaired and play bball for Iowa again.

Interesting...just goes to show there are always two sides to a story. I'm guessing this one is somewhere in the middle. We'll never know though. I hope AT can get things repaired and play bball for Iowa again.

+1

Does it matter? The kid was drinking....during the season....underage. Regardless he was doing what he shouldn't have been doing.

I don't think Tucker should be kicked off the team or even suspended the rest of the season, but the kid pleaded guilty because he was

Does it matter? The kid was drinking....during the season....underage. Regardless he was doing what he shouldn't have been doing.

I don't think Tucker should be kicked off the team or even suspended the rest of the season, but the kid pleaded guilty because he was

No, he pleaded guilty to speed the process up so he could play quicker. Read the article....there were witnesses that said he was trying to get his phone back.

No, he pleaded guilty to speed the process up so he could play quicker. Read the article....there were witnesses that said he was trying to get his phone back.

BS. He pleaded guilty because he was. I read the article. Larson can say whatever he wants and he will. He is trying to repair the kids image.

And who were the witnesses? Larson of course doesn't say. They were probably his buddies. What else are they going to say?

Spin. Thats all this is. He plead GUILTY, so that means YOU ARE GUILTY. Period. Now, try to soften the blow, so spin it, and as Larson is paid to represent Tucker, thats all this is. It still doesnt change the fact that Tucker has put himself first before team, has failed a number of times, and now faced with losing it, he "values" it. My bet is that TL takes him back and that may be interesting.

If I had a previous alcohol related issue, and I changed my life around after that, and I wasn't drinking but was charged with drinking, there is no way that I am going to plead guilty to something I did not do. That's just me. I do realize people do those sorts of things through legal wrangling, but it would be hard for me to do that.

If I had a previous alcohol related issue, and I changed my life around after that, and I wasn't drinking but was charged with drinking, there is no way that I am going to plead guilty to something I did not do. That's just me. I do realize people do those sorts of things through legal wrangling, but it would be hard for me to do that.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Anthony lives and breathes basketball.
Whether he was guilty or not (I'm sure he was in the least guilty of drinking underage), he just wants to get back on the court. Larson is spinning a bit, sure, but Tuck plead guilty to get the reinstatement done as quickly as possible.

Good to see the resident Cyclone fan chiming in and telling us what really happened. Thanks for that.

Anyway...it's my understanding that public intox is a judgement call made the arresting officer. He doesn't neccassarily have to give you a breathalyzer to determine whether or not you're drunk.

If that's the case, why fight it in the first place? How do you prove that the officers judgment was in the wrong? Besides, it's a 65 dollar fine; just pay it and be done with it.

Good to see the resident Cyclone fan chiming in and telling us what really happened. Thanks for that.

Anyway...it's my understanding that public intox is a judgement call made the arresting officer. He doesn't neccassarily have to give you a breathalyzer to determine whether or not you're drunk.

If that's the case, why fight it in the first place? How do you prove that the officers judgment was in the wrong? Besides, it's a 65 dollar fine; just pay it and be done with it.
Larsen said Tucker was offered a breath test, but he refused to take it.

Its funny to see some people judge Tucker so harshly who on the other hand welcomed Ed P and James Ferentz returns with open arms.

I am not saying that Iowa shouldnt give him another chance. If they chose not to, I have no problem with that. If they do, no problem with that.

But the kid just let down his team for the second time...and one can argue that last year's decision was a huge turning point for the Iowa basketball program

As is his right. At that point, any intoxication charge is up to the judgement of the arresting officer.

Notice these excerpts from the article:

Larson countered that report and said two witnesses said Tucker did not appear intoxicated in the cab.

Anthony does not believe he acted or looked intoxicated, and at no time was he uncooperative or belligerent.â€￾

What Larson DIDNT say speaks loud and clear.

I would agree with this line of thinking but you have to consider Anthony is trying to get back on the court THIS YEAR and must have been told this was his clearest way to doing that. I don't doubt AT was drunk which is wrong, wrong, wrong, but I think the Cop trying to give him a breathalyzer very well may have been wrong wrong wrong as well. If I was stopped and asked to take a breathalyzer test and I had not been drinking I am not even sure I would take it.

I would agree with this line of thinking but you have to consider Anthony is trying to get back on the court THIS YEAR and must have been told this was his clearest way to doing that. I don't doubt AT was drunk which is wrong, wrong, wrong, but

It's real wrong considering his circumstance. Whether or not the cop's request for a breathalyzer was wrong or not is really immaterial to me. Decision making is, and putting yourself before your team, again, is.

Latest posts