Randy Larson says Tucker could have beaten the charges

Notice these excerpts from the article:

What Larson DIDNT say speaks loud and clear.

That's all well and good (not sure why the lines from the article arent' showing up), but you don't have to be acting like an *** to get pinched for public intox. Like I said, it's a judgement call by the officer. If Anthony didn't think he was intoxicated at the time, he should have taken the breathalyzer test.

Anyhow...in my opinion I think it's best that he went ahead and pled guilty to it, paid his fine and is done with it. There really isn't any reason to drag out a public intox charge any longer than necessary.

What does Anthony pleading not guilty have to do with him being on the court this year? By being guilty of a charge, that means he will be on the court sooner? I am not following that logic.

He could do what Clayborn has done and plead not guilty and continue to play while the legal stuff works itself out

What does Anthony pleading not guilty have to do with him being on the court this year? By being guilty of a charge, that means he will be on the court sooner? I am not following that logic.

He could do what Clayborn has done and plead not guilty and continue to play while the legal stuff works itself out

The two situations are COMPLETELY different. Clayborn has been a model citizen in his time here. Tucker has had previous alcohol and grade issues. The Clayborn situation includes many witnesses whos accounts vary dramatically from what the cabbie originally reported. Tucker essentially admitted to drinking prior to the latest incident and there is NO dispute what happened the first time. Apples and Oranges.

The two situations are COMPLETELY different. Clayborn has been a model citizen in his time here. Tucker has had previous alcohol and grade issues. The Clayborn situation includes many witnesses whos accounts vary dramatically from what the cabbie originally reported. Tucker essentially admitted to drinking prior to the latest incident and there is NO dispute what happened the first time. Apples and Oranges.

And I understand that. All I am saying is that if he was not guilty, he would have plead not guilty. I don't see how pleading guilty gets him on the court faster than not pleading guilty. He could have just done what Clayborn did. Plead not guilty and played while the legal stuff worked itself out....especially if he was

Am I making sense?

I am not familiar with all the circumstances in the Clayborn case. But, if I remember correctly, there is some gray area in Clayborn's in regards to what may have or may have not taken place. Tucker was suspended immediately per UofI athletic policies.

My guess is that if he would have pleaded innocent, he may well still have been suspended while he completed the mandatory 30 hours of community service and alcohol assesment, plus whatever Lick imposed. I agree pleading guilty may have sped all of this up which could get him on the court faster.

With all this said, I don't think this is nearly has bad as last year when he passed out in the alley. Yes he drank and most likely got drunk. Yes, he let his team down and I am not giving him a pass for that. But had he not left his cell in the car, none of this would have happened most likely. Yes he was drinking, allegedly, but it was a little bit of bad luck this time around. I for one wish he would stop drinking all together. Maybe this incident will be the tipping point for Tucker???

If he is reinstated, he only gets one more shot per athletic department policy!

Latest posts