Quit criticizing Zach for the body slam

tweeterhawk

I didn't see Zach reach down and pull Travis Trice's wrist and arm up under his own arm and lock it in there. Trice offered it to Zach by putting his arm and hand up in Zach's neck and mush and then up under the armpit of a taller opponent. The two became tangled and neither seemed intent on letting go, likely hoping it would be noticed by the officials. Zach turned to head up court and the smaller player -- who already appeared to have taken a dive when Zach was whistled for an offensive foul less than a minute earlier and right in front of the Iowa bench, leading to Fran's technical -- went down. Oh well.

This was thug play by one of Izzo's boys, not by Zach. No surprise there, really.

If you want to blame anyone, suggest you focus it squarely where it belongs: the three blind mice going by the names of Gene Steratore, Bo Boroski and Mike Eades. Had one of them dealt with the earlier foul properly and then whistled Trice for his push in the area of Zach's head before the two became entangled, the body-slam might have been avoided and the goal of fair play may have come closer to being realized.

I do not blame the refs very often, but yesterday was garbage. All game Appling was allowed to check Gesell and play defense with his arm on Mike, but the real mugging was off the ball. Literally every single cutter was fouled. They simply never not fouled.

When refs allow that kind of play, eventually players will take matters into their own hands, and after a little instigation from Trice, McCabe slammed him.

Unfortunately immature reactions are becoming common with McCabe.

Head in the sand much? How can anyone justify McCabe here? Sure, he got tangled up, but I bet he could wrestle his arm out of it without slamming a guy to the ground causing blood.

I wouldnt have a problem with Zach's play if he didnt extend his leg behind Trice's legs and then throw him down. He clearly knew what he was doing with that leg and it was a dirty play.

I have defended this team and thought they would turn it around. I was wrong. They are the weakest team mentally I have seen at Iowa in forever. I think they bought their own hype and expected everyone else to fall in line. McCabe and Fran are the ones that illustrate the mental midgetry on the large scale. Fran has taken the "depth" and turned it into a weakness with a team of guys that are unsure of themselves and their role on the team. He sits back and does nothing while MSU dominates early in the 2nd half, and then waits til it is out of reach to react. The only one other than Marble that seems to constantly get the vote of approval from Fran is McCabe, and we all saw how that turned out. I just don't get it. I still hold a glimmer of hope that they will click, but at this point, I would not be shocked if Iowa lost out.

Head in the sand much? How can anyone justify McCabe here? Sure, he got tangled up, but I bet he could wrestle his arm out of it without slamming a guy to the ground causing blood.

Trice is a *****. Boom. Justified. It's not like he gauged the eyes of another player during a crucial part of the game.

McCabe basically broadcast to the world last week that he is mentally weak. I don't blame MSU for taking advantage of it.

Its not like he flipped the bird to the opposing fans after he fouled out.

I didn't see Zach reach down and pull Travis Trice's wrist and arm up under his own arm and lock it in there. Trice offered it to Zach by putting his arm and hand up in Zach's neck and mush and then up under the armpit of a taller opponent. The two became tangled and neither seemed intent on letting go, likely hoping it would be noticed by the officials. Zach turned to head up court and the smaller player -- who already appeared to have taken a dive when Zach was whistled for an offensive foul less than a minute earlier and right in front of the Iowa bench, leading to Fran's technical -- went down. Oh well.

This was thug play by one of Izzo's boys, not by Zach. No surprise there, really.

If you want to blame anyone, suggest you focus it squarely where it belongs: the three blind mice going by the names of Gene Steratore, Bo Boroski and Mike Eades. Had one of them dealt with the earlier foul properly and then whistled Trice for his push in the area of Zach's head before the two became entangled, the body-slam might have been avoided and the goal of fair play may have come closer to being realized.

It would be impossible not to agree with you more, Twitter.....

Very well written and spot on,,,,,

:rolleyes:

This is just really, really wierd to me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I would read this type of take on a message board. I've not personally talk to any who feels this way and I'm happy that this view is in the very small minority.

I for one thought the McCabe slam was great. Some people are being little girls about it. Trice was as much to blame plud it was nice seeing someone besides Fran fired up for once.

Latest posts