Quick Take: Iowa Basketball Predicted Record

We should have more W's. We lost several we had no business losing... Next year that will not happen!

Although I agree with you... the same could be said for some of our wins. Some might argue that we beat some teams that we shouldn't have. If we were favored to win all of our games that we won then we could say this, but we pulled off quite a few upsets this year. I like being the underdogs though. It makes it more exciting to win and it doesn't sting quite as bad when we lose.

I think we proved that we are good enough to win almost any game on our schedule. The problem was that we are young and inconsistent. I would say that we definitely got better as the year went on and really showed that they are capable of being a very good team.

Next year should be fun! I am excited, but I am also still excited to watch the rest of the games this year. It really stinks that we will be losing Gatens. I am hoping to watch him end his career at Iowa on an extraordinary/spectacular note!

Last edited:
The non-conference schedule was real soft. Iowa didn't do enough damage there. Losing by 16 at home to Clemson and Campbell was disappointing. I still think the Hawks will get to 8 wins in the Big Ten, which is the best conference in the country.

The biggest thing for me this year is this program, and the players who will be in it the next several years, are learning how to win, or rather, learning what kind of effort it takes to win consistently. They are learning this through beating the four ranked teams and they are learning this by losing to the Penn State's and Nebraska's.

It's been a good season for the Hawks.

i don't see Nebraska having the muscle to shove or hack their way to a victory, but Iowa is just not the same team on the road, 17 wins and a 9-9 BT record is still within reach.
with one maybe 2 wins in the BTT 19 and a NIT Berth is still within reach, we have a ways to go before we close the book on this season, the final chapter has yet to be written

Win the last two and a 9-9 conference record is what we'd finish with. Who would have thought that after Campbell?

a.500 record in BT play and a winning record overall is still a great season. when you consider everything these kids went thru,
looking back, they won some they probably should not have and they lost some they should not have.
but in the end that's really why they play the game isn't it?

This is a super super quick and dirty look at Iowa's men's basketball schedule to arrive at a record projection...I will offer up my 'on the record' prediction before the season begins:

Out of Conference: 11-2
Big Ten Record: 8-10
Overall: 19-12

That will be good enough for a post season of some kind..not sure if it will be good enough for the NIT though.

Next year 27-4 and a trip to the final four? poor coach fran and hawkeye expectations.

The non-conference schedule was real soft. Iowa didn't do enough damage there. Losing by 16 at home to Clemson and Campbell was disappointing. I still think the Hawks will get to 8 wins in the Big Ten, which is the best conference in the country.

The biggest thing for me this year is this program, and the players who will be in it the next several years, are learning how to win, or rather, learning what kind of effort it takes to win consistently. They are learning this through beating the four ranked teams and they are learning this by losing to the Penn State's and Nebraska's.

While this is true this year, our in conference schedule hasn't been that hard and doesn't differentiate us from any other team in any other conference

This is a super super quick and dirty look at Iowa's men's basketball schedule to arrive at a record projection...I will offer up my 'on the record' prediction before the season begins:Out of Conference: 11-2Big Ten Record: 8-10Overall: 19-12That will be good enough for a post season of some kind..not sure if it will be good enough for the NIT though.
Next year 27-4 and a trip to the final four? poor coach fran and hawkeye expectations.
It wasn't that far off? We probably will go 8-10 in the B1G and I think even you all knowing ISU fans had more wins for us in the non conference.

we`re trying to get rid of biclighter era

Latest posts