QB Wiegers commits

Luv the depth KF is building. If you want championships, you better have skill position depth.

I'm happy we got him, but this guy is a horrible example to use for this particular rant because his offers aren't impressive. I don't follow recruiting, does anyone know why a guy is 4 star but had no other offers other than MAC level teams and Rutgers?

Either way, nice to see, hope he's good!

He committed extremely early to Rutgers and was pretty solid with them. Basically telling prospective teams to bug off. When the situation at Rutgers deteriorated he opened up his recruitment and luckily Iowa was standing there.

I'm happy we got him, but this guy is a horrible example to use for this particular rant because his offers aren't impressive. I don't follow recruiting, does anyone know why a guy is 4 star but had no other offers other than MAC level teams and Rutgers?

Either way, nice to see, hope he's good!

You just made doclee's point.

When did this turn into the cryfan board? You guys are just going to work yourselves up only to cry yourselves to sleep again.

Hawkeye Gamefilm ‏@hawkeyegamefilm 1h
@Jwg1213 @JoshHelmholdt Interesting; wonder if maybe because he's a not a dual-threat QB some schools overlooked him; Iowa's gain either way

Hawkeye Gamefilm ‏@hawkeyegamefilm 3h
Impressive job consistently transitioning off his back foot; doesn't get much pressure but seems to scramble well when play breaks down tho

Watching more highlights of Wiegers; clearly has had some high-level coaching; tight release frame; gets the ball up and out

@deetncee Beneventi is '15 I believe: bigger framed kid, very good arm; not as mobile as current Iowa QBs, more like Stanzi/JVB there

@chillsocray Yeah first thing I thought was; holy hell, who's #9? Catches very naturally and can move. Got to be a D1 prospect if a SR

As a prospect Wiegers resembles current Iowa QB, Jake Rudock; but Wiegers flashed a stronger arm & appears to have a bigger frame.

Above avg athleticism for a pro-style QB; throws well on the run; very accurate on half-rolls&boots;patient and puts ball on front hip

Throws with VG touch on his deep ball;doesn't always drive throws on deep outs but has above avg arm for a HS JR;manages his feet well

Saw Iowa picked up a 4* QB Tyler Wiegers; Running thru JR highlights of Weigers kid; how did this kid not have more offers?

Maybe the quarterbacks are committing as we have red-shirted some WR's from last years class. Those WR's will be red-shirt freshman/sophomores when these 2 QB's get on campus.

You just made doclee's point.

Any reasonable person would know that I wasn't negative about the recruit. I was happy that he had committed here but if you're trying to say that Ferentz is not just recruiting MAC level recruits this doesn't hold water. Please explain why I made his point.

He said people would "find some excuse to rip into him"

Since I did NOT rip him please explain your comment.

who is recruiting these kids? holy schnikes we have a big upgrade in recruiting going on lately. since when would Iowa ever land one 4 star QB, let alone 2!

Am I missing something? I see him listed as a 3 star, is 6'3" and is the only QB committed to this years class.

Am I missing something? I see him listed as a 3 star, is 6'3" and is the only QB committed to this years class.

Rivals had him listed as a 4 star, and they also had Scheel as a 4 star (although he's listed as an athlete, and I think he probably moves to WR).

4 star recruit; good size at 6'4"; can also run; now we just have to wait for the genius's who can never see anything Iowa does right find some excuse to rip into him. After all, we all know that KF and staff cannot recruit anyone unless they are a marginal 2 star that should to a MAC team. Just wait.

Why are we only getting guys that Rutgers obviously doesn't want??? ~That Guy

:D

i am

4 star QB's in back to back classes? who do we think we are? that's not the Iowa way damn it!

I don't like it...where do we get off having a log jam of what (on paper) looks to be good QBs on the roster AND coming in??? We're not Nebraska for God's sake!

Any reasonable person would know that I wasn't negative about the recruit. I was happy that he had committed here but if you're trying to say that Ferentz is not just recruiting MAC level recruits this doesn't hold water. Please explain why I made his point.

He said people would "find some excuse to rip into him"

gohawkz, some of the folks that were staunch supporters of KF can't let it go and want to keep bullying anyone that was not a KF supporter. In fact, they have turned this post into a negative one and away from discussing the Wiegers commit.

Anyway, Hawkeye Gamefilm has been described by Jon Miller as an actual football talent evaluation scout that works for many NFL teams, particularly leading up to the NFL draft. He posted this tweet that seems to back up your sentiments. If Hawkeye Gamefilm wondered what you wondered, I'd say your musing was legit.

Saw Iowa picked up a 4* QB Tyler Wiegers; Running thru JR highlights of Weigers kid; how did this kid not have more offers?

Since I did NOT rip him please explain your comment.

Last edited:

Latest posts