QB Vandenberg vs. a Bear, who would win?

Also how is keeping quiet, and hiding and sneaking up with a weapon a sport?

I think it would only be a sport if you make a big production about how you are going to kill the bear and it attacks you, and then you fight back with your weapon and win.

If I sneak up on you and punch you in the back of the head, it doesn't make me a good fighter, it makes me a ******* *******.

http://srel.uga.edu/ecoviews/ecoview031117.htm
read this article...
http://dailyreckoning.com/right-to-hunt-vs-animal-rights/
and this

scaled.php

That bear's not dead JVB is just giving him a love hug from behind. Seriously, you've got to be careful of the pictures you take. I don't want to be down to Ruddock cause of some beastality acccusation from some clone fans.

That was not doubt an awesome time for him- a trip he'll never forget. As for the picture, I don't know what to say about that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcZlxCNzQqw]Duelling Banjo "Deliverance" - YouTube[/ame]

That is one dead bear!! Nice kill!! I hope the remaining bear parent is being a responsible and taking care of the cubs...

Vandy would win. Granted, Vandy is home on his on property. If he has to go to the Bear's property... I lean more towards the Bear.

A couple of things here:

1) I don't think the 'nature would not be preserved for hikers and bird-watchers if not for the hunting lobby' argument is your strongest to justify the act of killing the animal. I would agree that the preservation of wild lands is a benefit derived by the public from hunters, but that really has no bearing on the rightness or wrongness of the activity. If someone buys a rare classic car to harvest its parts, but in doing so leaves its body on display for a few other people to appreciate it, have they done the right thing with the car? I'm not saying they have or they haven't, but the fact that the car still exists doesn't itself support either position.

2) I don't think the Boss is plainly against killing. None of the positions in either of these articles would foreclose the conclusion that when one kills, there should be some utility to it besides letting off some weekend steam. I'm a meat-eater myself, but I don't go out and try to run over squirrels arbitrarily in my car. There is no moral difference between that and choosing a bear to shoot with a bow for no reason. I believe the Boss said he's cool with it if Vandy used the bear meat.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

Just like within any group in society there are people that hunt that shouldn't be allowed the privilege because of the irresponsibility of their actions. The overwhelming majority of people I know that hunt, including these exotic hunting trips or however you want to label them, don't just let the animal go to waste.

The main problem is that someone had a knee-jerk reaction to a photograph without any facts. There is nothing known about JVB to suggest he wasn't responsible with the kill.

The main problem is that someone had a knee-jerk reaction to a photograph without any facts. There is nothing known about JVB to suggest he wasn't responsible with the kill.

I agree here. I just didn't see an assertion that he didn't use the animal, only a statement that someone hoped he used the animal. I agree that there is no basis from the photo to conclude anything about JVB other than he killed a bear, he has the face of a 12-year old kid, and he's ready to sling some pigskin in the fall.

I agree here. I just didn't see an assertion that he didn't use the animal, only a statement that someone hoped he used the animal.

I agree that there was no direct assertion that he didn't use the animal. I wasn't trying to imply that there was. I am simply saying that the context and connotation of the reply wasn't merited, period.

Also, it's not fair to simply depict the reply as hope that JVB had used the animal. If that was truly all there was to the context of the reply I'd have no problem with it.

Latest posts