Purdue Predictions

briankaldenberg

Ball bounces Iowa's way (+2 in TO's) and we open up the offense from kickoff. McNutt dominates has another nice day.

Iowa 27 Purdue 24

Marcus Coker has trouble against a good front 4
JVB is afraid of his own shadow on the road once again.
Reilly Reiff continues getting blown up thinking about his future paycheck.
Our LB's get dominated.
Our front 4 plays surprisingly well which allows...
Our secondary to play well
These two factors keep it close.

Purdue 24
Iowa 14

Yeah. I think we saw our last Iowa football win for the year against Michigan. This will not be pretty during the last 2 weeks of the season. No bowl game either...

McCall has 3 carries. Fans melt down. Other than that, I've got a touch of Licklitis and don't care that much about the games outcome. The season smells and we're only arguing about how much.

I would really like to think Iowa can get a road win, but I think that Purdue has more to play for and will get the win. It wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa come out flat in every way, and vice versa - come out and dominate in every area - this team #!#$@^ me off. Purdue 24 Iowa 21

Our LB's get dominated.

Purdue 24
Iowa 14

I don't usually agree with your predictions. But I think you nailed this one.

Purdue is not that good. Unfortunatly, either are we....however I have faith we will be ready this week. Iowa 23 Purdue 21

Iowa beats northern illinois tonight by 25
Iowa beats Purdue Saturday by 6
Iowa beats Creighton Sunday by 7

Thursday-Sunday will be a great Hawkeye weekend :)

I would really like to think Iowa can get a road win, but I think that Purdue has more to play for and will get the win. It wouldn't surprise me to see Iowa come out flat in every way, and vice versa - come out and dominate in every area - this team #!#$@^ me off. Purdue 24 Iowa 21

Purdue does have Indiana next week though, which they should win..

Realistically, the Hawks will treat this game as a must win as well. Remember, winning out, which would be awfully tough, makes the Gator Bowl a real possibility.

Our LB's get dominated.

Purdue 24
Iowa 14

24-14 is exactly what I expect but I think you predict "keep it close" pretty loosely -- one of those final tally is "closer" than reality on the field.

I expect Hope to have his guys fired up for a senior-day victory that gives them bowl eligibility. I expect KF to hope his guys are self-motivated to compete -- after all, if they can't get psyched over the challenging opportunity to play at this level ...
Bottom line, Iowa comes out flat. While Purdue is excited to finish strong and take care of their business (which they will, to finish at 7-5), Iowa has absolutely nothing more to play for (it's a 3rd-tier bowl in Texas, either way you slice it). Their "business" trickles down their legs over the final 3 weeks as they limp to finish an uninspired 6-6.

But hey, at least they get 15 extra practices to continue to strategize how to perfect the 1st down rush by / screen to Coker. If they just keep chipping away, they'll eventually break through those 7 & 8-man boxes one of these years.

Latest posts