Purdue Predictions

"Realistically, the Hawks will treat this game as a must win as well. Remember, winning out, which would be awfully tough, makes the Gator Bowl a real possibility."

Realistically, the Hawks should have treated last week as a must win, as well as the Minnesota game. Another game where the coaching staff does not have the players ready to play; another vanilla game; and another game with no changes in the defense = another loss.

but hey, Iowa has won 6 games. Many hawk fans would call that a very succesful season...

When picking games I use a couple of factors. If there is a prediction thread and half the people are picking an Iowa loss that is a good indicator of a win. In this case this is cancelled out by BK picking the Hawks to win. Tough call

The deciding factor for me is that Purdue is very average and when KF is backed into a corner by the masses he usually rallies the team to a good performance (see Michigan). Coker is the difference in this one. Iowa wins and covers the 3

Iowa 27
Purdue 23

Which things in the aforementioned posts are stupid? I'm not sure which ones you feel are "stupid."

I know you're asking DuffMan, but for me it's all the pessimistic "we are going to lose every game the rest of the season" people. If they are that pessimistic, then why are they even bothering to post? I can't imagine they would waste their time watching a game they thought their team couldn't or wouldn't win either. It's one thing to think it will take a strong effort to pull off the victory and quite another to say, "we suck, we won't win."

One of the reasons Hayden Fry came here was because the fans went crazy when the Hawks got a first down and he wondered what they must be like when they scored a TD. We've come to expect a LOT more than that since then, but the constant has been strong fan support.

There’s an old saying that goes, “In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends.”

In other words, when things go bad the Hawks get to know who the real fans are. Now is the time they need the support, so instead of “we suck”, say “come on guys, let’s take it to ‘em and bring home the W!”

Picking the other team to win is not an indicator of a bad fan. However, some people here think that Purdue is Wisconsin, which is why they are rocking the stupid factory.

Picking the other team to win is not an indicator of a bad fan. However, some people here think that Purdue is Wisconsin, which is why they are rocking the stupid factory.

I never said picking Purdue is the indicator of a bad fan. I said the "we are going to lose because we suck" fans are bad fans. If someone puts forth solid reasons why Purdue can win this game, I could respect that. They are not going to make it easy.

Can't fault anyone for all the negativity. I won't say what I usually say that the Hawks will win, positive blah, positive blah blah. A win is rather unlikely imo. Thankfully though it's not up to us out of shape old suckers who couldn't last more than a play or two before injury took us out. It's up to the young men in the black and gold uniforms, and I'm hoping that somehow, these boys want to win bad enough to overcome all their football shortcomings.

If they go 6-6 I really do not want to see them in a bowl whatsoever.

i-love-ths-thread.jpg

Latest posts