Purdue Post-Game Presser

Should be. Won’t be. Probably same.

Full glassers—“Purdue was making them from the locker room. It happens.”

I'm pretty sure we are near the bottom, so there is no where else to go but up. I've never seen so many guys just going through the motions. Seriously, watch the cuts on offense. They aren't crisp...they aren't with purpose. I don't care if they get blown out playing hard...but that is ridiculous. I dont' want to call out players, but if you are a small or power forward and can't hit a 15-16 foot shot, you can't play in Fran's offense. I'm so tired of seeing defenders sag and clog the lane and our guy can't shoot it from the free throw line. These guys have had two years to get better at that shot. I just don't get it.

Defensively...we are just flat out dead and have no heart...outside of Garza. That kid plays hard.

I'm pretty sure we are near the bottom, so there is no where else to go but up. I've never seen so many guys just going through the motions. Seriously, watch the cuts on offense. They aren't crisp...they aren't with purpose. I don't care if they get blown out playing hard...but that is ridiculous. I dont' want to call out players, but if you are a small or power forward and can't hit a 15-16 foot shot, you can't play in Fran's offense. I'm so tired of seeing defenders sag and clog the lane and our guy can't shoot it from the free throw line. These guys have had two years to get better at that shot. I just don't get it.

Defensively...we are just flat out dead and have no heart...outside of Garza. That kid plays hard.
You put more effort into that post than this team put into the game today.

Well, I was surprised that many people stayed for the second half. I think the only thing keeping them there was the fact that they didn't want to get up yet...after all it's a long walk to the car...and most probably had done the grocery shopping last night knowing there was a game today. Way to go Fran...you have a new motto for Iowa Basketball marketing to take advantage of:

Iowa Basketball - What else is there for entertainment in Iowa City?

Or "Iowa Basketball - It's better than grocery shopping!"

Well, I was surprised that many people stayed for the second half. I think the only thing keeping them there was the fact that they didn't want to get up yet...after all it's a long walk to the car...and most probably had done the grocery shopping last night knowing there was a game today. Way to go Fran...you have a new motto for Iowa Basketball marketing to take advantage of:

Iowa Basketball - What else is there for entertainment in Iowa City?

Or "Iowa Basketball - It's better than grocery shopping!"

They stayed because we won the second half!

No, he wants to blame the players.

Nope. Wrong again. I blame the coach AND the players. I just won't name the players like some folks.

Problem is, the coach could sit the starting five, and it wouldn't matter. The next five haven't shown much, either.

You can blame the coach all you want. But if the players are uninspired enough NOT to give effort, show grit, etc., then I ask one question of any/all of them: Where the hell is your dignity?

Bad coaching can lead to losing. It should never lead to players sacrificing their own self-worth to the point where it is now. I don't care how much a player doesn't like a coach. Not giving effort, or simply not giving a crap when you get embarrassed by an opponent or an opponent schools you because you half-assed it, is ridiculous.

Latest posts