Purdue information

From watching the Minnesota game, Minnesota isn't that good, neither is Purdue. They are back to the Purdue of old. Good passing, so so running game. Mediocre defense.

Iowa should have a lot of fun on defense. Offensively Iowa shouldn't have too much trouble. Expect big plays on offense and defense.

Minnesota isn't that good. They missed opportunities. Iowa's defense will kill Purdue.

I find it interesting they’ve scored exactly 13 points in each of the last 3 games against Notre Dame, Illinois, and Minnesota.

There are a handful of men who have befuddled Ferentz and pulled off upsets they had no business pulling off. Jerry Kill, Paul Rhoads, Pat Fitzgerald and Jeff Brohm. Iowa has not been able to stifle Purdue on offense. I see this as a 24-23 loss for Iowa. It's my lock of the week. The offense will move the ball but settle for too many FGs and lose.

There are a handful of men who have befuddled Ferentz and pulled off upsets they had no business pulling off. Jerry Kill, Paul Rhoads, Pat Fitzgerald and Jeff Brohm. Iowa has not been able to stifle Purdue on offense. I see this as a 24-23 loss for Iowa. It's my lock of the week. The offense will move the ball but settle for too many FGs and lose.

At least it will only be a 1 point loss, the coaches will be able to rally the team from that. It will be a good teaching moment for them.

Yea, the Purdue game always gets me a bit nervous. It's those similar level teams that use Iowa as the model and bar when building a program. Fitz has feasted off that when he started. Dantonio did the same when building Mich St. Brohm the same.

That's been what has been tricky for Iowa. They are not a blue blood dominant team on an annual basis because they develop many of the players, but other teams around the same level use Iowa as the bar so get up for games.

You are doing yeoman's work...I appreciate you and the efforts you give week after week.

They have scored 13 points three weeks straight (ND, Illinois, MN). They're not scoring 20+ against this defense.

Good, people are concerned and worried. I hope the players are too. It’s when you think it will be easy that you get bit on the azz.

They scored 13 points 3 weeks in a row. pass the ball 40-50 times per game. All American D-end who will be a challenge. Beat Iowa 3 of last 4 years.

I actually get nervous that they only scored 13 points a few weeks in a row. There are a lot of times where a team will have two or three bad performances in a row and then go berserk and score 55 on someone like Ohio State. In fact, I remember a time where we scored 55 on OSU, then needed two ints to manage 14 against Wisconsin and put up 15 against Purdue the next week. Hell, Purdue slaughtered Ohio a few years ago when Ohio was ranked 2. I'm actually more worried about this game than last week's game. We haven't played a divisional game yet. There are at least 4 losses lurking.

Their rushing attack, if you want to call it that, is dead last in the Big Ten for 89.4 YDS/G and 2 TD. That is ranked 122 in the nation.

187 of those 447 rushing yards were against UConn, and 1 of their 2 rushing TD's.

Running backs managed 48 yards against Illinois and 111 yards against Minnesota. (With sack yardage of 10 and 44 yards against the quarterbacks in each game.) They scored no rushing touchdowns in either conference game.

It should also be noted that neither quarterback is much of a running threat. O'Connell is especially immobile.

They have scored 13 points three weeks straight (ND, Illinois, MN). They're not scoring 20+ against this defense.

The way Purdue has beaten us the last few years is big plays to the receivers. David Bell is back so blanket him like the way we controlled Dotson of PSU. I hear Purdue has another really good receiver so that is the main focus, not giving up huge plays. Boy, two long TDs is how they beat us at home 5 years ago iirc. Luckily no Rondale Moore

Make them have to go a lot of yards in a lot of plays and we win.

We especially win if our offense can come out and get a decent lead and control the ball, field position, TOP.

Yeah I don't see Purdue even trying to establish the run game against Iowa, just to throw us off once in a while. I'm expecting a few sacks and more interceptions, they don't have to worry about either QB taking off and running.

I sure hope Parker has a better plan against the WR screen. PSU was getting 6/7 yards every damn time they ran it as the corners struggled to get off the block. It wouldn't surprise me to see Purdue try and exploit that, their best athletes on offense are their wide receivers. That can make up for a lack of a running game.

I am glad this game is at Kinnick. If Iowa starts sluggish they can feed off the crowd to energize them. This game in West Lafayette has upset written all over it. imo, Iowa overcomes a bad start to win something like 24-13.