What is the info on Purdue besides David Bell??

uihawk82

I have not seen a snap of any of their plays. Bell is dangerous. Does PU have a good defense? I know they gained a ton of yards against Minny but somehow lost.

I do see that Purdue gets 4 out of 5 offensive yards by passing. And about 85 yards per game rushing.

Their defense isnt giving up huge scores.

But the fact they barely beat Illinois at home 13-9 and lost at home to Minny after Ball St beat Minny makes me think they are just an average team if that.

Purdue will be the first in an unbroken line of "meh, they're OK" teams to finish the year for us. Any one of which (Purdue included) can abso-fucking-lutely punk us.

Other than Georgia's, I wouldn't trade our D for any other in the country.

Offensively, given the relative mediocrity of our remaining schedule, I think we can work with this. I think our offensive performance against PSU is likely much better than it looked on paper. I think you'll see us consistently moving the ball "good enough" but we should probably be braced for a stale outing, maybe even two, on that side of the ball.

A lousy Purdue team beat us just last season, don't forget.

I'll also point out that, while the PSU game was a historic victory and I loved every minute of it, (a) we were +3 in TO margin and (b) PSU played with essentially a non functional QB for 3/4s of the game and we STILL needed 4th quarter heroics to win the game.

As I've said before, our margins are slim. Really slim. We'll be carrying a well earned #2 ranking, likely until if/when we lose, but if anyone is entertaining any delusions of invincibility, I'd recommend reevaluating!

Hopefully we can jump on these remaining teams early and then let our D go to work. When teams try to push against us, that's when the trouble starts (for them). I'm hoping to see some aggressive 1st quarters the rest of the way out.

Purdue will be the first in an unbroken line of "meh, they're OK" teams to finish the year for us. Any one of which (Purdue included) can abso-fucking-lutely punk us.

Other than Georgia's, I wouldn't trade our D for any other in the country.

Offensively, given the relative mediocrity of our remaining schedule, I think we can work with this. I think our offensive performance against PSU is likely much better than it looked on paper. I think you'll see us consistently moving the ball "good enough" but we should probably be braced for a stale outing, maybe even two, on that side of the ball.

A lousy Purdue team beat us just last season, don't forget.

I'll also point out that, while the PSU game was a historic victory and I loved every minute of it, (a) we were +3 in TO margin and (b) PSU played with essentially a non functional QB for 3/4s of the game and we STILL needed 4th quarter heroics to win the game.

As I've said before, our margins are slim. Really slim. We'll be carrying a well earned #2 ranking, likely until if/when we lose, but if anyone is entertaining any delusions of invincibility, I'd recommend reevaluating!

Hopefully we can jump on these remaining teams early and then let our D go to work. When teams try to push against us, that's when the trouble starts (for them). I'm hoping to see some aggressive 1st quarters the rest of the way out.

Very good view of things for Iowa. Early on offense Petras seems to be maybe too amped up yet unsure of the coverages. He starts slow a bunch of times in the passing game. I hope they can figure this out and find him some simple, quick fairly open throws to settle him down. I agree with you that if the hawks get up early the defense can really shut teams down.

Purdue is back to the old Purdue. Good offense. Mediocre defense. Having said that, the Hawkeye's are going to have a huge target on their back every game. Every team they play wants to be the one to knock them down.

Brohm has punked Iowa 3 of 4 times. All the games have been frustratingly close. The team should have plenty of film on how they go about it.

Latest posts