PTL Quote

"Gesell is the Hawkeyes’ best player,” the commissioner of the Prime Time League said. “Not only Iowa’s best starter, but the best player on the team -- period.”

Who is this Larson clown anyways? First he picks a walkon as the #1 pick in the draft. Now he's claiming a freshman who has played 5-6 PTL / pickup games is the best player on our Hawkeyes hands down.

Seriously? Wow. Pretty much a slap in the face to guys like Marble and White who deserve the title of "best player on the Hawkeyes" a hell of a lot more than Gesell.

How about waiting until somebody plays a Conference game or two before making such moronic statements?

Last edited:
I dont disagree that Gessel is gonna probably be good, but....cmon already. Let him play a few "real" games before we go making moronic statements like Larson did.

Implied-Facepalm.jpg

Well the good thing is if if if he's right.... He's going to end up being pretty darn good cause I agree Marble and White are 1,2 not necessarily in that order. But after them it's a notable drop to McCabe Basaabe Oglesby etc. Gessell will have the ball in his hands and the mins to do alot with it so we'll see. If he has a similar game to Dean Olivers with an even better 3 pt shot I'll be tickled with that

I hope this guy is right.... cuz i have a fairly decent idea of what guys like white and marble bring to the table after watching them compete in the B10. If mike is better our future is very bright.

"Gesell is the Hawkeyes’ best player,â€￾ the commissioner of the Prime Time League said. “Not only Iowa’s best starter, but the best player on the team -- period.â€￾

Who is this Larson clown anyways? First he picks a walkon as the #1 pick in the draft. Now he's claiming a freshman who has played 5-6 PTL / pickup games is the best player on our Hawkeyes hands down.

Seriously? Wow. Pretty much a slap in the face to guys like Marble and White who deserve the title of "best player on the Hawkeyes" a hell of a lot more than Gesell.

How about waiting until somebody plays a Conference game or two before making such moronic statements?
White is the best player on the team. He will end up being the best player in the history of Iowa basketball. Happy?

This Larson clown is absolutely correct. Just watching Mike G play should settle all dispute. Just like Fm he is the Goods and will go down in Hawkeye History as one of the best to ever play point at Iowa.....

:)

Whats really nice besides gesells and clemmons athletic abilities is they both shot eighty five percent for their free throws in the ptl. Both the point guard position and center position should mature quite a bit before the season starts with those guys going at each other.

I guess I don't see a problem with someone saying this. The buzz on Gesell has been very positive from day one, and if his play on the court (while competing with and against his teammates) indicates he is the most skilled of the bunch, then why not say it? People weren't afraid to say John Wall was the best player for Kentucky before he ever played a game, and he was surrounded by other four other first round picks. Gesell is nowhere near Wall, but he isn't surrounded by four first round picks, either.

Larson most definitely is a clown. Not because of this quote but he has been for 20 years. Even if this quote is true he should've kept that to himself. completely disrespectful to upperclassmen.

Latest posts