PTL Draft

In 2001, Michael Jordan was the President of the Washington Wizards. He picked Kwame Brown with the #1 overall pick in the draft that year. Needless to say, Mr Brown didn't exactly have much of an NBA career by all accounts, and was a bust at the #1 pick. Whereas that draft was not the strongest in the history of the NBA, it certainly did not warrant Brown as the #1 pick. The same "joke" is being made this year with Jordan owning the #2 pick in this years draft. God know what he's gonna do with it.

I'm not sure how a PTL coach selects Uthoff, an unproven player at the D1 level, over guys like Marble, White, Basabe, etc.

Call me an idiot. Just my opinion.

Because Utoff doesn't count towards the limit of "Iowa" players, likely the same reason the second pick was Gessel.

If you have one extra big ten starting caliber guy than its a huge advantage.

The real stupid thing was not taking Basabe at 5.

Found this one TOS:

Team #1:
Vinton Merchants/Gatens Real Estate
Coach Randy Larson
Jared Uthoff--Iowa
Zach McCabe--Iowa
Adam Woodbury--Iowa
Josh Oglesby--Iowa
Andre Murphy--Iowa
Matt Lesan--ex-Upper Iowa
Jake Hughes--Upper Iowa
Nate Garner--ex-Evansville
Chance Miller-IMS
Okey Ukah--ex-Kirkwood

Team #2:
Jill Armstrong/Skogman Realtors
Coach Dan Ahrens
Mike Gesell--Iowa
Melsahn Basabe--Iowa
Jaryd Cole--France pro
Eric Washpun--ex-City High
Kyle Meyer--Iowa
Michael Aldeman--DMACC
Darius Stokes--Iowa
Pat Conrad--ex-St. Ambrose
Tay Parker--ex-Iowa Lakes CC
Rodney Pryor--Kirkwood

Team #3:
Culver's/Iowa City Ready Mix
Coach: Ron Nove
Aaron White--Iowa
Eric May--Iowa
Dain Swetalla--Portugal pro
Anthony Clemmons--Iowa
Dallas Hodges--ex-Wayne St.
Keith Steffeck--Wm. Penn
J.C. Fuller--Kirkwood
Clay Cook--Wartburg
Taylor Olson--Kirkwood
Patrick Burmester--Truman St.

Team #4:
LL Pelling/McCurry's
Coach: Kevin Lehman
Devyn Marble--Iowa
Ali Farokhmanesh--Austria pro
Gabe Olaseni--Iowa
Kyle Schlaak--ex-Winona St
Tucker Wentzien--ex-Upper Iowa
Joey Woods--Upper Iowa
Isaac Gardner--Truman St
Brennan Swayzer--ex-Kirkwood
Sam Elgin--Upper Iowa
Taylor Stoutner--Wm. Penn

anyone have any thoughts on which team looks the best from the draft? i am still trying to decide which combos i like the best.

I am liking Team 2. Basabe had his best season as a Hawk playing next to Cole. They also got the top point guard in Gesell along with Meyer and Stokes.

I realize that the All Star games of Indiana vs Kentucky are a big deal in Indiana,and that it is an honor to be selected,so I will cut Ingram some slack. Still not sure why he did not opt to come to Iowa City after those games and start getting oriented to college,tho. At this point,he gets the benefit of the doubt,tho.

ingram is not having second thoughts is he? o_O I hope not I think he is going to be a big part of this incoming class. He had one heck of a senior year which draws attention. Just strange that he wanted to stay behind and not join the team. Now that players can work with the coaches over the summer.

disclosure:
Not trying to start a rumor just typing out loud. I do not know anything, and am not claiming anything.

ingram is not having second thoughts is he? o_O I hope not I think he is going to be a big part of this incoming class. He had one heck of a senior year which draws attention. Just strange that he wanted to stay behind and not join the team. Now that players can work with the coaches over the summer.

disclosure:
Not trying to start a rumor just typing out loud. I do not know anything, and am not claiming anything.

no.

i dont think this is true but i thought that maybe ingram not playing in ptl could be an indication that he may redshirt. i doubt it because of how light we are with perimeter players but it was a thought that crossed my mind.

Some of the Indianapolis area leagues will provide better competition than the 4 team PTL. So it may work out better for him in the end, with the exception of getting aclimated to the Iowa players and system.

I remember Fran making the comment that Ingram wanted to play in the big ten and they were going to give him the chance. Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but it sounded like he wanted Ingram to be in Iowa city, but he opted for something else. Anyway, he won't have the opportunity to work with the coaches this summer, so he won't know what will be expected of him as if he were here all summer.

I remember Fran making the comment that Ingram wanted to play in the big ten and they were going to give him the chance. Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but it sounded like he wanted Ingram to be in Iowa city, but he opted for something else.

Fran told Ingram to stay in Indy after they talked about the All-Star games. Rumors get started when people start 'typing out loud' instead of reading.

Latest posts