PTL Draft

Crazy considering I heard he is way out of shape today. Also, he was picked over a 15 pound less Eric May, that's crazy in my mind.

1. Brennan Cougill (Iowa)
  2. Matt Gatens (Iowa)
  3. Cully Payne (Iowa)
  4. Eric May (Iowa)
  5. Jake Koch (UNI)
  6. Ali Farokhmanesh (former UNI)
  7. Darryl Moore (former Iowa)
  8. Melsahn Basabe (Iowa recruit)

I think it is best to refrain from excitement that Cougs was picked first, until he proves it on the floor this summer/fall.

I think someone is trying to encourage Brennan. I hope he gets it all together. He must want to try or he wouldn't still be there.

I saw Cougs about a month ago playing at the Fieldhouse shirtless. He was obviously not cut, but he seems to be still slimming down. He certainly didn't look sloppy.

No, it was post-season. Surgery.

I played against him up at the FH a couple weeks ago so he was playing for awhile. However, the team has been playing at the FH this week and he was not participating with the rest of the team. A couple other observations, Belsabe (sp?) will play a lot next year. His shot is super funky, but he brings something that none of the other bigs can in terms of athleticism. I also cannot believe that Cougill was the number one pick in the draft, especially in an up and down league like the PTL. He just does not seem to be in great shape, but that also comes with his body type I suppose. I will leave it up to everyone else to judge for themselves in the upcoming weeks. I love how Fran is adding so many players to the program. There is enthusiasm in the program which is great.

I also forgot to add that Malcolm Moore has been playing with the team this week. Not really sure what it means but he would fit in well on next years team.

Latest posts