Psu vs IOWA tomorrow afternoon at the United Center

Penn State survived Nebraska and now will face THEEeee IOWA HAWKEYES on
Thursday afternoon, in the Windy City.

What do you think of this match-up Hawkeye fans?

GO HAWKS

This is the ideal trap game. Iowa is on a roll and many people have Iowa peg as the team to watch in the Big Ten Tournament.. This has been our Recipe in for a letdown.. On top of that I'm wanting Iowa to get to that Wisconsin Game in the worst way..

to be honest, I'm a little worried about it. But we should beat them handily.

Worried about it? Who else is worse than PSU this season in the conf, other than probably Rutgers and Minnesota? Bring em on....good grief people.

Trap game. PSU with nothing to lose really.

I'd love to get another shot at Purdue, then see if we can hang with Wisky for two full halves.

I've really enjoyed watching this team progress...I'd hate to have it all come crashing down after one BTT game.

Our guards need to play a Strong game. (Peter: you listening?)
Actually though, I would not mind if Fran re-started the Seniors, like on Saturday vs NW.
Let Gabe and Josh lead the way, set the tone.
Woody actually looked more comfortable coming off the bench, Saturday.
Unless Ogelsby decides to assert himself early with some 3's, get Sapp and/or
Jok in to bring energy to either the defensive (Sapp) or offensive (Jok) end of the court
GO HAWKS !!

Iowa's record in their first BTT game is not exactly stellar. Hopefully they can get the win today.

I think Fran keeps Mike and Clemmons up in Newbill's face the whole game and Iowa wins comfortably. I have been hard on Aaron White and he is totally proving me wrong. I don't think RDM was a leader last year and I see that as the biggest change and why they will be successful today. White's leadership is driving the bus and guys like Uthoff, Gabe, and others are feeding off that.

We can actually afford for Newbill to get 26 - 31 points (which is good, becasue he will get that many, anyway) as long as we do NOT allow anyone else to go off. What we can't do is let Newbill drive by our guards and get to our bigs, which is what tends to get us in fould trouble.

Pound it inside over and over and over and over.....

We'll need to get out in front of these guys early. Can't play catch-up this time of year.
It'll be close.

Trap game. PSU with nothing to lose really.

I'd love to get another shot at Purdue, then see if we can hang with Wisky for two full halves.

I've really enjoyed watching this team progress...I'd hate to have it all come crashing down after one BTT game.

A loss to PSU does not ruin the season. The regular season was a fun ride and success. I care more about the NCAA tourn than the B1G, Sweet 16 run trumps all.

That being said, Iowa wins today.

Iowa's record in their first BTT game is not exactly stellar. Hopefully they can get the win today.

Below are the results under Fran in the 1st BTT game each year.

Year 1 - L (61-66)...MSU
Year 2 - W (64-61)...IL
Year 3 - W (73-59)...NW
Year 4 - L (62-67)...NW

I agree .500 isn't stellar. But we gave MSU a game with an under manned roster. We beat Illinois. We beat NW...and then got robbed (56-59) against MSU. Last year we lost to NW but the season got off track way before this game. I think we have done okay under Fran in the BTT. Setting last year aside I don't see anything discouraging in our BTT results.

If we win 2 this year and lose to Wisconsin I won't be upset or disappointed. Wisconsin is good enough to win the National Championship this year. If we make it to Sunday I will be thrilled...even if it's Illinois or Michigan on Saturday instead of Wisconsin. Lose to Penn State or Purdue and I will be disappointed in this year's BTT.

Iowa 72-59
Iowa 67-60
Wisconsin 74-63

We'll need to get out in front of these guys early. Can't play catch-up this time of year.
It'll be close.

Penn State will have to play way better than they did yesterday to keep it close. Nebraska was going through the motions and playing extremely selfish basketball...contributing to the 18 blocked shots by Penn State. The players weren't listening to a thing Miles was telling them. And Penn State still only won by 3.

The only teams Penn State beat in conference play were Rutgers, Minnesota, and Nebraska. If Iowa doesn't win today it's because they beat themselves.

We can actually afford for Newbill to get 26 - 31 points...as long as we do NOT allow anyone else to go off.

Pound it inside over and over and over and over.

I agree. And the guy we have to contain is Garner...all the way out to NBA range. He had 17 (4-8 from 3) in our 1st meeting and 19 (5-8 from 3) yesterday. Garner looks to be Penn State's big scorer for the next 3 years...seems like they always have 1 guy.

Latest posts