PSU Game predictions

We will see how good the secondary is.

However, they’re young and I think they give up some big plays.

Iowa - 17
PSU - 31

But I think we run the table after this and get 10 wins.

Iowa 38 Pedophile U. 7

This is the best, most balanced Ferentz era team that I've seen, including the 2002 team, and they get better every game.

still a lot of doubters of this Iowa team, I don't blame em, but Iowa is better than PSU....that doesn't always equate to a win tho.

Much as people will jump on you for this...he's hinted at it all season. Not so far fetched
But not this week...
I hope not this week. I really, really hope not.

I will say this, though and I know you guys are going to pile on me for it as a Hawk basher, but this game will come down to who makes a mistake. Nate has proven he has what it takes to be a B1G quarterback, but up to this point all of his interceptions have been bad choices with the ball, not unlucky oopsies. If we have a game with one or two dumb INTs or fumbles trying to stretch plays out it will be the difference in winning or losing. We have to be the smarter team and play error-free football to have a chance at winning this one. Put the f'n ball out of bounds if the play has collapsed. This isn't Indiana or the boat rowers up in Duluth, or Bemidji, or whatever god forsaken hell hole they're from.

Smart, error-free football, Iowa 27 - Pedos 21

Make even one dumb mistake, Pedos 31 - Iowa 14 Because when we do dumb things against good teams the wheels usually come off.

I hope not this week. I really, really hope not.

I will say this, though and I know you guys are going to pile on me for it as a Hawk basher, but this game will come down to who makes a mistake. Nate has proven he has what it takes to be a B1G quarterback, but up to this point all of his interceptions have been bad choices with the ball, not unlucky oopsies. If we have a game with one or two dumb INTs or fumbles trying to stretch plays out it will be the difference in winning or losing. We have to be the smarter team and play error-free football to have a chance at winning this one. Put the f'n ball out of bounds if the play has collapsed. This isn't Indiana or the boat rowers up in Duluth, or Bemidji, or whatever god forsaken hell hole they're from.

Smart, error-free football, Iowa 27 - Pedos 21

Make even one dumb mistake, Pedos 31 - Iowa 14 Because when we do dumb things against good teams the wheels usually come off.

You really went out on a limb and covered all bases with this one ;)

Gotta say that the analytics guy on 1700 kinda threw a wet towel on my enthusiasm for this game.

Before I listened to that, Iowa 31 - PSU 14.

After, PSU 38 - Iowa 7.

[ Copy-n-paste my post from earlier this week when the line came out. With possible weather issues, even more convinced the second point will be the downfall - not much confidence in NS in weather and pressure.
Hawks' BTT hopes gone but still playing for Tampa or San Diego.]

Gonna be a dog-fight. I see it coming down to ...
- ball control (like the Hawks balance on offense),
- turnovers (hoping Stanley stops his streak of that horrible, panic heave straight to the other team),
- and ingenuity / execution on the last drive (advantage PSU).

PSU 23 - Hawks 20.

Iowa wins 28 -17. A PSU fan questions Franklin as he leaves the field, then jumps in the stands and beats that fan to a bloody pulp. Sunday morning, it's announced Franklin is no longer the head coach at PSU.

You really went out on a limb and covered all bases with this one ;)
If we get legitimately beat I don't get too fired up about it. Like MSU 2015, I couldn't be mad about that. I hated to lose it, don't get me wrong, but it was what football was supposed to be...best team wins, not a Chris Berman blooper reel.

If it's another game like Wisconsin 2018 or Northwestern 2016 where we shoot ourselves in both feet and then hand the gun to the other team, those are the ones I get upset about.

I usually don't do predictions and I shouldn't even really do this one. Not sure if is just wishful thinking or what, but I just have some kind of feeling it will be lopsided this year.

Iowa 42 - PSU 27

I just can't get a good feel for this game. I mean, Indiana gave PSU a game. Yet, we had almost no problem with Indiana. Just not sure if that really means much. Game at SlapHappy Valley, McSorley a definite step up, QB-wise, from any team we have played, and weather may not be on the side of our passing game. Just not sure how well we do or don't match up with them.
Isn't it funny how people are worried about the rain giving PSU an advantage because of how it might affect our passing game? Would anyone have had this same sentiment in the last few years?

Iowa 31
PSU 10

Iowa takes advantage of a statement game, to make a statement. (Y'all can use that as a headline after the game)

28-24 Hawks if...

We win the turnover battle
Have a 100 yard rusher
Contain McSorely

I'll say this. The Hawks are playing with a different edge to them right now and I think the coaching staff and players are gonna pull all the punches, in order to win every game from here on out. I imagine we'll see some wrinkles in the game plan this week, that no one expects. Regardless, that game will be a close one.

Latest posts