Proud of these guys

They battled back and that was something else. Just have to stop getting down huge in games and have to have the nuts and bolts when they need it to take control of the game. I felt if Iowa could have got the lead in this one, Tenn was ready to fall. Just could not get over the hump and that is the same ole story for Iowa.

Agreed....huge hole for sure but many folks including peeps on this page wasn't giving us a chance.

They battled back and that was something else. Just have to stop getting down huge in games and have to have the nuts and bolts when they need it to take control of the game. I felt if Iowa could have got the lead in this one, Tenn was ready to fall. Just could not get over the hump and that is the same ole story for Iowa.

I was following the score at church. Incredible connect back. Almost knocked off the second seed. There is no shame in Hawkeyeland after this game.

Too bad we collapsed at the end of regular season then we might have been playing the first or second seed in the sweet sixteen or elite eight.

This game should help recruiting and maybe there is a guard out there that is thinking this program is one elite guard from being really good.

Couldnt be more proud to see the fight in these guys and how much they all cared. To come back down 25 and tie it took a lot of guts for sure.

Now for the future, can we get CWebb on our coaching staff? I couldnt agree more with his analysis.

I concur...the team didn't give up and showed incredible heart in coming back and playing hard for 25 minutes. It was the way to end the season if it was going to end.

I will tell you this and I'm not blaming the officials for the loss...but Williams got at least 8 fouls today. It was ridiculous...I guess when you are the player of the year in the SEC...it matters. The egregious foul on Kreiner with him going strong to the hole...a couple of shoves against Cook. Ridiculous no calls. If you look at the fouls down the stretch of that game...certainly the one on Bohannon was questionable...but there were several on the other end that were questionable. And, I know it's rarely called, but on the final shot in regulation, Cook got shoved in the back on the rebound...and the official ate his whistle. He wasn't going to end the game on that call I guess.

I can take a loss like that much better than if they would have rolled over. I'm proud they played with that much heart.

Iowa got the ball wide open under the hoop 4 possessions in a row in the first half and walked away with 2 points. They literally gave away 6 points on those possessions. Add 2 missed front ends of a 1 and 1 and that's a lot of what could have beens. Another one that hurt was when Wieskamp got a steal for a sure dunk and they called a foul on Tennessee. Cost us 2 points because we didnt score. I really wish the refs would let plays like that develope before calling it. Also got killed by a couple botched rebounds.

Wish we had a bunch of those uncontested shots under the basket back that we missed in the first half. Credit TN for opening with the press and throwing us off.......maybe a little bit of nerves and quite a bit of TN quickness to get adjusted to.

Real gutty performance and entertaining game.

Most of the game I was ready to see Cook move on. But in reality, he just lost all confidence at the end of the year and would probably come back as the player he was at the beginning of the year. That's the player we could really use. This is the exact type of game that could entice both Cook and Moss to come back. I'm sure that second half was the most fun they have ever had playing basketball in their lives.

Iowa's deficiencies are obvious, and maddening, and they are certainly putting a ceiling on the team. However, the way they refused to mail it in the last two games and came roaring back to win one and almost win another makes me feel pretty good and proud. Next year, this team simply needs to change the disastrous 5-10-minute stretches into merely lousy 5-10-minute stretches. Every team has lousy stretches. You can't crumble apart the way Iowa has been and expect to consistently win.

Latest posts