Proud of these guys

I concur...the team didn't give up and showed incredible heart in coming back and playing hard for 25 minutes. It was the way to end the season if it was going to end.

I will tell you this and I'm not blaming the officials for the loss...but Williams got at least 8 fouls today. It was ridiculous...I guess when you are the player of the year in the SEC...it matters. The egregious foul on Kreiner with him going strong to the hole...a couple of shoves against Cook. Ridiculous no calls. If you look at the fouls down the stretch of that game...certainly the one on Bohannon was questionable...but there were several on the other end that were questionable. And, I know it's rarely called, but on the final shot in regulation, Cook got shoved in the back on the rebound...and the official ate his whistle. He wasn't going to end the game on that call I guess.

I can take a loss like that much better than if they would have rolled over. I'm proud they played with that much heart.
We got a huge gift from those same officials. Bohannon "fouled" on a three point attempt.

That wasn't close to a foul and we probably don't see OT without that call.

Iowa got the ball wide open under the hoop 4 possessions in a row in the first half and walked away with 2 points. They literally gave away 6 points on those possessions. Add 2 missed front ends of a 1 and 1 and that's a lot of what could have beens. Another one that hurt was when Wieskamp got a steal for a sure dunk and they called a foul on Tennessee. Cost us 2 points because we didnt score. I really wish the refs would let plays like that develope before calling it. Also got killed by a couple botched rebounds.
I’ve said all season this team just doesn’t have the sense of value for how important a possession is. In the 2H two off the hand OB after stops. Give up the rebound off a free throw, and then of course winning the tip in OT but somehow not grabbing the effing ball.

I love the dumbass Tennessee players they interview talking about themselves the whole interview. Jesus...what a couple of morons. What happened in the second half, "we stopped playing with intensity, we didn't move the ball, we didn't handle the ball well...etc"...well, you should have said it was hard to do that with urine running down your damn legs the whole second half. Credit your damn opponent you douchebags.

Most of the game I was ready to see Cook move on. But in reality, he just lost all confidence at the end of the year and would probably come back as the player he was at the beginning of the year. That's the player we could really use. This is the exact type of game that could entice both Cook and Moss to come back. I'm sure that second half was the most fun they have ever had playing basketball in their lives.
When I saw his knee buckle, and knowing the knee problems he's had, i thought he was done for the day. No Cook, no overtime. We lose in regulation.

I love the dumbass Tennessee players they interview talking about themselves the whole interview. Jesus...what a couple of morons. What happened in the second half, "we stopped playing with intensity, we didn't move the ball, we didn't handle the ball well...etc"...well, you should have said it was hard to do that with urine running down your damn legs the whole second half. Credit your damn opponent you douchebags.
Purdue is going to stomp a mudhole in them. Tennessee has survived two consecutive games they could have lost. Give them credit for weathering the storm, but good Carson will destroy them.

Most of the game I was ready to see Cook move on. But in reality, he just lost all confidence at the end of the year and would probably come back as the player he was at the beginning of the year. That's the player we could really use. This is the exact type of game that could entice both Cook and Moss to come back. I'm sure that second half was the most fun they have ever had playing basketball in their lives.
I was hard on Cook, but it would be nice to have him back same with Moss. All this group has been through it would be nice to see them have a great senior year as a group.

It will be an interesting offseason for sure.

We got a huge gift from those same officials. Bohannon "fouled" on a three point attempt.

That wasn't close to a foul and we probably don't see OT without that call.
I agree the foul on Bohannon was questionable to say the least. But the block on Cook where the Tennessee player lost the ball on his own, the block on Cook against Williams, the block on Bohannon on the baseline, etc, etc. Bohannon was being hand checked the whole game...and they don't let a questionable block call go. Come on. Williams also traveled on the pass to the wing for the big three in OT. The other thing...Tennessee camped in the damn lane...and I know the officials called it twice...but how often do you see that call...damn near never. To get it called twice tells you what their bigs were doing.

I'm tired of moral victories and not getting past the first weekend. Iowa doesn't win big games like this on the national stage and can't seem to have nice things.

Buy yeah - I won't fault the effort. Nice job of making a game of it.

Hard to swallow this loss. These opportunities don't come along often.

I was hard on Cook, but it would be nice to have him back same with Moss. All this group has been through it would be nice to see them have a great senior year as a group.

It will be an interesting offseason for sure.
We would return FIVE seniors. And more experience with our two redshirts, and Wiescamp.

I want Cook back IF he's going to stay on campus all year and not mess with this NBA nonsense. He isn't good enough right now. If he's going to put the program through this will I/won't I crap, then get an agent and move on.

I agree the foul on Bohannon was questionable to say the least. But the block on Cook where the Tennessee player lost the ball on his own, the block on Cook against Williams, the block on Bohannon on the baseline, etc, etc. Bohannon was being hand checked the whole game...and they don't let a questionable block call go. Come on. Williams also traveled on the pass to the wing for the big three in OT. The other thing...Tennessee camped in the damn lane...and I know the officials called it twice...but how often do you see that call...damn near never. To get it called twice tells you what their bigs were doing.
I'm not going down that road unless it's the 2006 Outback Bowl.
We got away with contact in the open court early in the game and Bo came down and hit a three.

Hand checking doesn't bother stronger guards. And look at how many times Tennessee finished through contact.

The missed travel in overtime just prior to the three was the tough one. But I'm giving Tennessee the credit for surviving with less than their best. Knowing that Purdue is waiting for them.

Iowa's deficiencies are obvious, and maddening, and they are certainly putting a ceiling on the team. However, the way they refused to mail it in the last two games and came roaring back to win one and almost win another makes me feel pretty good and proud. Next year, this team simply needs to change the disastrous 5-10-minute stretches into merely lousy 5-10-minute stretches. Every team has lousy stretches. You can't crumble apart the way Iowa has been and expect to consistently win.
And that my friend is bench coaching. As a coach you have to stop those runs with timeouts and coaching.

Fran is on record multiple times that he prefers to let his players play through it. Wow. Even Phil Jackson coached up the Michael Jordan led Bulls.

Latest posts