Proof there is nothing to do in Nebraska

WinOneThisCentury

86,000 at a Spring Game? It's like Field of Dreams, "If you build it and even if you suck and have been irrelevant over the past 20 years, they will come."

The LB Honus that we were in on to the end, looks like the real deal though. He was able to make several tackles about 10 yards downfield, so he looks like he's Nebraska defense ready right now. Pretty impressive. All kidding aside...he did look like he can play.

The spring game numbers are about the same for them every year. It’s a great recruiting tool. Why Iowa doesn’t use it, I don’t know. At least Nebraska is trying to get back to greatness while Iowa continues to mire in mediocrity. Living in NW Iowa I can tell you there isn’t much else to do in this state.

The spring game numbers are about the same for them every year. It’s a great recruiting tool. Why Iowa doesn’t use it, I don’t know. At least Nebraska is trying to get back to greatness while Iowa continues to mire in mediocrity. Living in NW Iowa I can tell you there isn’t much else to do in this state.
What are you talking about? If you showed up last night you were able to sign a beam!! Nevermind the fact it was probably 20 degrees colder last night than it is today. If Iowa fans are serious about beam signing and Iowa football, they'll show up when Gary tells them to.

UNL is having to cut programs and its budget, but by God, they know what's really important over there.

Last edited:
I didn't watch, how'd they look?
As for attendance, they always skew thier numbers.
I was there a few years ago (fact I think that was the first game we started whopping them)
and there was plenty of room. Not like being packed into Kinnick.
They base "sold out" as # of tickets, not actual butts in seats.
I seen it first hand.
Oh and I loved the sea of red leaving on the walking bridge at the start or very shortly after of the 4th.

Last edited:
86,000 at a Spring Game? It's like Field of Dreams, "If you build it and even if you suck and have been irrelevant over the past 20 years, they will come."

The LB Honus that we were in on to the end, looks like the real deal though. He was able to make several tackles about 10 yards downfield, so he looks like he's Nebraska defense ready right now. Pretty impressive. All kidding aside...he did look like he can play.

yeah, that one hurt.

One thing to consider is that a large majority of Nebraska's population lives on the eastern half the state, while Iowa's population is more spread out. Drive times are a factor.

One thing to consider is that a large majority of Nebraska's population lives on the eastern half the state, while Iowa's population is more spread out. Drive times are a factor.
Good Lord yes, you get an HR west of Lincoln and past about York there is hardly anything clear to Denver. It's as bad as rural TX. Better make sure your gas tank is full.

Good Lord yes, you get an HR west of Lincoln and past about York there is hardly anything clear to Denver. It's as bad as rural TX. Better make sure your gas tank is full.
I've made that drive more times than I care to admit. Every time I tell myself "never again" but apparently I'm a masochist. :(

I've made that drive more times than I care to admit. Every time I tell myself "never again" but apparently I'm a masochist. :(
Me too my friend, me too. I90 is decent, it's a stretch to Mitchell from Sioux Falls, but again there is nothing for a long ways after that.
Same with that few hours south of Fargo. That's brutal too.
It's one thing to drive 4 hours in Iowa compared to 4 hrs in no man's land.
Probably where shows like children of the corn and the hills have eyes are thought up.

The reason there's so many there is because they all think they're going to get a scholarship to play defense for the Fuskers. They're probably right.

The reason there's so many there is because they all think they're going to get a scholarship to play defense for the Fuskers. They're probably right.
I'm actually kind of interested to see how his philosophies work out in the B10.
I'm leaning towards very hokelite.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? If you showed up last night you were able to sign a beam!! Nevermind the fact it was probably 20 degrees colder last night than it is today. If Iowa fans are serious about beam signing and Iowa football, they'll show up when Gary tells them to.

The only beam I signed last night was Jim Beam

Bo Pelini knew what he was doing. 9 wins isn’t enough for those inbred, mullet-sporting, Trans Am-driving, Joe Dirt shit stains.

All of ‘em.
Hey now, I'm a mullet sporting hippy. Not Joe Dirt, but yeah I've always had long hair.

Shouldn’t your name be SheldonHusker?

Every single one of your posts is guzzling Frost’s jock.

Are you not aware that everyone can see your post history? At least when I troll your shitty huskerboard I make it look believeable until I can insult you Uncle Ricos and your garbage football team.

You don’t even post anything worthy of screenshotting and showing your cousinbrothers back in Sand Land.

Latest posts