Projected 2012 starters

Ekakitie is listed as a 6'3 255 SDE
LTP is now up to 270 lbs and could be a DE
as is Hardy 6'5 270

Ok, but Clayborn came in at 6'3" 245 lbs? Should he have moved to LBer? He put on 40-50 pounds by the time he left? was that a mistake, should Iowa have left him at LBer?

OTT IS 6'4 not 6'5 and why should i have to go thru 2 years of posts to prove anything
i guess i can try and go back 6-7 years on the recruiting commit list to show Edds was a TE
so you are also telling me that during the course of fall practices and game the somehow put on 20-30 lbs so Iowa does not need to put on 40-50 lbs to get them up to 265-275 to play on the line
listed weights and heights
Vencus 6'4 225 lbs
Ott 6'4 235 lbs
face it
Vencus needs 10-15 lbs to be a solid WSB vs 50-60 lbs to move to the line in college
Ott needs abot 5-10 lbs to be solid SAM or LEO vs 40-50 lbs to move to the line in college
why is it so are to understand that
in HS the bigger kids are put in place that they won't play the position in college because it is where it best helps the team win

#smacks hand to forehead

Why is it so hard to understand? Because it's nearly impossible to decipher your posts and I don't even know where you're trying to go with all of this... :confused:

Ballard came in at 279 lbs and played both de and dt
Clayborne was 249 lbs
big difference between those 2 and the 2 we have coming in

Wait a second, everyone just wait one second.

What are you trying to prove here herby? None of your posts make sense without something that you are trying to prove or explain.

Wait a second, everyone just wait one second.

What are you trying to prove here herby? None of your posts make sense without something that you are trying to prove or explain.

I am soooo ******* confused. We're the idiots though I guess, since we can't sift through his garbage posts to figure out what the hell he's trying to say or prove. :rolleyes:

Ballard came in at 279 lbs and played both de and dt
Clayborne was 249 lbs
big difference between those 2 and the 2 we have coming in

No kidding. But my point was that 6'3" and 249 (or whatever he was :rolleyes:) is a good sized MLB. He put on about 40 lbs before he left.

That would put Venckus at 6'4" 260, Ott at 6'4.5" at 275, and McMinn at 6'7" 260 lbs.

Why do I keep mentioning McMinn, well you say he's a DE or DT, but he needs to put more weight on that Ott would.

I don't get your reasoning and think it's funny that you are so obsessed with the weights of players, and don't think they'll put weight on weight or that they can't handle it.

If KF has recruited them as DL, he thinks they have the frame to handle it and can make that position work.

you can't decypher or won't which is it
it is really simple
Vencus needs 10 to 15 lbs to be a solid LB rather than 40 to 50 lbs to be a de
currently 225 + 10 to 15 =235 to 240 lbs vs 225 +40-50 lbs = 265 to 275 de
Ott 235 +5-10 lbs = 240-245 lbs to be a solid lb vs 235 + 40-50 lb= 275-285 lb DE
again why does it have to be massive weight gain vs minor muscle weight

you can't decypher or won't which is it
it is really simple
Vencus needs 10 to 15 lbs to be a solid LB rather than 40 to 50 lbs to be a de
currently 225 + 10 to 15 =235 to 240 lbs vs 225 +40-50 lbs = 265 to 275 de
Ott 235 +5-10 lbs = 240-245 lbs to be a solid lb vs 235 + 40-50 lb= 275-285 lb DE
again why do it have to be massive weight gain vs minor muscle weight

probably because they are being recruited as DL. That's why. They have the frame to put on the weight. We need more athletic DEs, that's why. If they were better off putting on a little weight I'm sure that is what the staff would do and make them linebackers, but until that happens they are recruited as DL and that is how you project these lighter but big framed DL recruits.

who said KF recruited them to be a DE in college, they are listed as DE's by recruiting services
as for McMinn his size is better suited to handle the 40-50 lbs

has for being listed for one position and playing another
when i played in school i was a 150 lb cb that was listed as a outside LB
mainly because of my speed

who said KF recruited them to be a DE in college, they are listed as DE's by recruiting services
as for McMinn his size is better suited to handle the 40-50 lbs

Why because he is a few inches taller. What if Venckus and Ott are a broader shouldered and can actually handle the weight more?

Until KF says they are LBs they are DL in my book. Also both were asked about the effect of their position coach leaving Iowa (this would be Kaz) and I can't recall what they said, but both are committed to Iowa still. This makes me think they are being recruited as DL.

I'm surpised herby. For a guy who follows the recruiting services and lives/dies by the stars you believe these guys are both goin to different positions. hmm:D

I'm sure that recruiting gurus and talent evaluators would have listed you as CB even though your high school called you a LB. The coaches aren't telling recruiting services what these kids are, they are being evaluated and then placed.

if somebody other than me it would be the greatest idea and most of you would be gaga over the idea
i suggest it and it is the worst idea posted and it becomes a instant arguement

if somebody other than me it would be the greatest idea and most of you would be gaga over the idea
i suggest it and it is the worst idea posted and it becomes a instant arguement

Nope, just thought it was dumb to make those assumptions, however you do come up with quite a few stupid ideas, so maybe people just assume that what you post is dumb.

c3393657-ab1f-403a-be06-22496f6119c9.jpg

5'11 150 with a timed speed of 4.5
i don't care if you believe it or not, the timing was done at a Bart Starr invitation only camp,
ended up getting 2 DIA Offers
and 2 written invitation, to be a preferred walkon at Iowa and ISU

if kf has them listed as a de and they need to put on 30 - 40 lbs while putting on 10 or 15 lbs makes them solid for a lb then i think you can figure the guy isnt athletic enough to be a lb.

kf and staff have moved a lot of guys from what they were expected to be. clark was a lb when he to school, gallery was a te when first started, hitchens was originally a safety. those are just a few.

it isnt just about how much weight they must put on. if a kid isnt very quick from sideline to sideline they arent a lb, but if they can put on 40 lbs they may be a very athletic de. im going to trust the staff on this.

Latest posts