Proctor

headlock

Proctor got beat over & over had a touchdown called back because of his holding poor foot work Texas vs Alabama game

Proctor got beat over & over had a touchdown called back because of his holding poor foot work Texas vs Alabama game
Dude he’s a freshman playing left tackle at alafreakinbama. I didn’t watch the whole game but from what I saw he looked like a man amongst boys and will be a top 10 draft pick making millions in a couple years. I would absolutely love if he was the left tackle for the hawks even if he makes some freshman mistakes cause come next year even nfl DE’s would struggle against him.

I
Dude he’s a freshman playing left tackle at alafreakinbama. I didn’t watch the whole game but from what I saw he looked like a man amongst boys and will be a top 10 draft pick making millions in a couple years. I would absolutely love if he was the left tackle for the hawks even if he makes some freshman mistakes cause come next year even nfl DE’s would struggle against him.
we will see there’s a lot good players sitting on the bench Saban doesn’t like to lose so we will see . You can’t teach speed

Dude he’s a freshman playing left tackle at alafreakinbama.
Totally fair.
I didn’t watch the whole game but from what I saw he looked like a man amongst boys and will be a top 10 draft pick making millions in a couple years.
What, just in size? He's big. His play left a lot to be desired, but he's a freshman playing a Texas that appears to finally be "back." "A lot to be desired" isn't fair, he played terribly, but this was his first real collegiate competition.
I would absolutely love if he was the left tackle for the hawks even if he makes some freshman mistakes cause come next year even nfl DE’s would struggle against him.
Me too.

Totally fair.

What, just in size? He's big. His play left a lot to be desired, but he's a freshman playing a Texas that appears to finally be "back." "A lot to be desired" isn't fair, he played terribly, but this was his first real collegiate competition.

Me too.
He may very well turn out to be very good

I didn’t watch much of the game. The little I saw of Prctor was him getting beat. I have mixed feelings on that. Part of me wants to laugh and say that you should have come to Iowa and part of me feels bad for an Iowa kid. That being said I would guess that he makes progress and plays a long time. Alabama has a worse record than Iowa right now. Go Hawks.

He’ll be fine. I noticed that his 3 point stance telegraphed run or pass. He leaned back on pass and leaned forward on runs. But he’s going to be fine

I personally wasn't impressed when I saw him play at SE Polk. I thought he played lazy and was not very mobile. Maybe was just me.

He's already getting the millions.

I was of the view that if he went to Bama and sat even for a year, he made the wrong choice. If he is starting LT as a frosh, he made the right choice. I love my Hawks, but playing for Saban and for natties every year is too good to pass up. And, he will end up getting drafted high either way. I still don't love how it all went down, but I don't question the ultimate decision.

He'd have a better chance of playing for the natty at Iowa given that lowly Alabama is sitting there at 1-1 now.
I know you are fooling around, but if both teams won out from here, and Florida State, USC, and Texas are undefeated, you really think Iowa is getting in over a 1-loss Bama team that just beat Georgia?

I know you are fooling around, but if both teams won out from here, and Florida State, USC, and Texas are undefeated, you really think Iowa is getting in over a 1-loss Bama team that just beat Georgia?

I am doubtful that there would be 4 undefeated teams at the end of the season, but if there were I could see Iowa getting in over any one loss team. Freaking TCU lost their conference title game last year and got in and Iowa would be coming off a win against Ohio or Michigan and would easily by #4 in your scenario. The scenario where Iowa definitively would get jobbed is if there were five one loss teams, then there ain't a snowball's chance in hell of us getting in.

The DE that kept beating him was a freshman as well I think they said. It wasn't like it was a 5th yr senior that's about to be a top 10 pick was who was picking on him either. Maybe this kid will be but he's not yet just getting started.

I'll laugh if that happens to him all season long and Bama struggles. Nothing would tickle me more then if Iowa has a better yr then they do. I don't wish for him to get hurt. But I'm not rooting for him to do well that's for sure.

The DE that kept beating him was a freshman as well I think they said. It wasn't like it was a 5th yr senior that's about to be a top 10 pick was who was picking on him either. Maybe this kid will be but he's not yet just getting started.

I'll laugh if that happens to him all season long and Bama struggles. Nothing would tickle me more then if Iowa has a better yr then they do. I don't wish for him to get hurt. But I'm not rooting for him to do well that's for sure.

After that year when we had that supposedly monstrous recruiting class (I think it was after the 2005 season) I don't put too much stock in the recruiting rankings anymore. I know there were extenuating circumstances but none of the o-linemen we landed in that stellar recruiting class were difference makers.

I remember my first shades of concern were when I watched the Army All American game (some guys committed during that game) and the Iowa guys all looked like dogshit. Dace Richardson was really good, but I want to say due to injury we only got a few hundred snaps out of the young man. He was a helluva Hawkeye, though.

Things must be bad in Tuscaloosa if Nick is stuck rolling true freshmen out there at tackle. The other teams in the SEC must be throwing giant money around and diluting the hell out of the recruiting pool.

After that year when we had that supposedly monstrous recruiting class (I think it was after the 2005 season) I don't put too much stock in the recruiting rankings anymore. I know there were extenuating circumstances but none of the o-linemen we landed in that stellar recruiting class were difference makers.

I remember my first shades of concern were when I watched the Army All American game (some guys committed during that game) and the Iowa guys all looked like dogshit. Dace Richardson was really good, but I want to say due to injury we only got a few hundred snaps out of the young man. He was a helluva Hawkeye, though.

Things must be bad in Tuscaloosa if Nick is stuck rolling true freshmen out there at tackle. The other teams in the SEC must be throwing giant money around and diluting the hell out of the recruiting pool.
I totally think NIL has done that... Kids are more apt to cash checks and play somewhere else as opposed to ride the bench early on if they don't want to. Proctor wasn't gonna start at LT for Iowa day 1 had he came. No amount of NIL was going to change that. We'll never know but I bet ole Saint Nick promised him that LT starting job day 1 to get him to flip and go down there along with NIL.

And yeah talent is spread out all over now. You only need a couple of spots to go sideways for ya and it'll have you scrambling. Bamas Oline and D sure didn't look like a top 10 team to me the other night. Let alone top 4

I totally think NIL has done that... Kids are more apt to cash checks and play somewhere else as opposed to ride the bench early on if they don't want to. Proctor wasn't gonna start at LT for Iowa day 1 had he came. No amount of NIL was going to change that. We'll never know but I bet ole Saint Nick promised him that LT starting job day 1 to get him to flip and go down there along with NIL.

And yeah talent is spread out all over now. You only need a couple of spots to go sideways for ya and it'll have you scrambling. Bamas Oline and D sure didn't look like a top 10 team to me the other night. Let alone top 4
Saban may jump ship soon he’s got all the monies & trophies he needs and the way college football is today it might be a smart to do so . Bama won’t settle for second and they could be another Nebraska changing coach’s every three years

Saban may jump ship soon he’s got all the monies & trophies he needs and the way college football is today it might be a smart to do so . Bama won’t settle for second and they could be another Nebraska changing coach’s every three years
Saban is a wildcard he could hang it up anytime. Yeah if they have a rough yr for them and the next yr doesn't look any better I could see him being done. Hard to say. I wouldn't predict a Neb type of fall for them though. They have way too much $ and infrastructure in place for them to fall far. They could get any coach they'd want to replace him too. Any drop off wouldn't be all that far for all that long.

Wow, Bama loses one game to a talented Top 10 team and people are discussing a Nebraska fall? Bama's Top 10 streak is older than most of our cars. Maybe Saban finally loses 3 games this year. Imagine if the most embarassing thing your program could sink to is 9-3? LOL. Bama will have another great season. Maybe not a playoff, but still damn good.

I was of the view that if he went to Bama and sat even for a year, he made the wrong choice. If he is starting LT as a frosh, he made the right choice. I love my Hawks, but playing for Saban and for natties every year is too good to pass up. And, he will end up getting drafted high either way. I still don't love how it all went down, but I don't question the ultimate decision.

But he knew that early on and I'm sure 'Bama offered him much sooner than the few days before he flipped.

Latest posts