Proctor

Wow, Bama loses one game to a talented Top 10 team and people are discussing a Nebraska fall? Bama's Top 10 streak is older than most of our cars. Maybe Saban finally loses 3 games this year. Imagine if the most embarassing thing your program could sink to is 9-3? LOL. Bama will have another great season. Maybe not a playoff, but still damn good.

I said it when NIL came around, Bama is toast. The fanbase ain't got a deep enough pocket. Same with Clemson. Both of those programs only need to get a WR per year and a d-lineman per year swiped away and they are suddenly mortal. Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State and all the oil rich schools in Texas/Oklahoma have so much more money than Bama or Clemson it ain't funny. Hell, SMU got a few oil barons to bankroll their entry into the ACC at a freaking zero share.

It is what it is. He is at Alabama now. I support the guys we have that have committed to our program. I did see we have a verbal commitment from a 6'7 375 tackle. Again, til they are on campus, I don't get too excited.

I think (as previously mentioned) the NIL will begin to change the landscape a bit for recruits. For some playing for a natty will be their drive (and NFL aspirations), but for others, the money will be their motivation and driving force where they go.

Quietly, I had hopes, Bama falls flat and hard on their face and Iowa has a stellar season, and Proctor has second thoughts. Likely wishful thinking.

Regardless, he is not here, and I wish him the best. Hoping the guys we have continue to grow and excel.

I was of the view that if he went to Bama and sat even for a year, he made the wrong choice. If he is starting LT as a frosh, he made the right choice. I love my Hawks, but playing for Saban and for natties every year is too good to pass up. And, he will end up getting drafted high either way. I still don't love how it all went down, but I don't question the ultimate decision.
There chances are about the same as Iowa’s this year

There chances are about the same as Iowa’s this year
Well, yes and no. I would say right now they are about the same level of likelihood, but one team is ranked 10th and has the credibility of success in the playoffs for more than a decade, and the other 25th and has never been, so....

If both teams win out they are in the playoffs. If both teams lose a game moving forward I suspect Bama is done. For Iowa, it would have to be a close loss at PSU and then win out by beating a Top 5 East team and they might sneak us in.

Last edited: