Proctor Out

Well it could be worse as he could have waited until the day before opening kickoff. So what does he do for the next few weeks until the portal officially opens? Play with himself?

I just hope that if nothing else, this stops a lot of the bullshit hype for recruits, whether they're HS committals or transfers. People here and other places get stardust in their Underoos and work themselves up in a frenzy over these kids and it's just ridiculous. 1) you have NO idea whether they'll actually come here, 2) you have NO idea if they'll stay once they're here, and 3) you have NO idea how they'll perform. All you're doing getting excited is setting yourself up for being mad and looking like an idiot.

Nwankpa is another good example. I've never heard a single negative thing about the kid character-wise and I'm sure he's a great dude so don't take it that way, but going by the hype-o-meter during his recruitment you'd have thought he was the 2nd coming of Ronnie Lott.

He ain't.

Good player? Absolutely.

I just hope that if nothing else, this stops a lot of the bullshit hype for recruits, whether they're HS committals or transfers. People here and other places get stardust in their Underoos and work themselves up in a frenzy over these kids and it's just ridiculous. 1) you have NO idea whether they'll actually come here, 2) you have NO idea if they'll stay once they're here, and 3) you have NO idea how they'll perform. All you're doing getting excited is setting yourself up for being mad and looking like an idiot.

Nwankpa is another good example. I've never heard a single negative thing about the kid character-wise and I'm sure he's a great dude so don't take it that way, but going by the hype-o-meter during his recruitment you'd have thought he was the 2nd coming of Ronnie Lott.

He ain't.

Good player? Absolutely.
I was hoping worst case more of a Merton Hanks ball hawking type (when he was in the pros anyway) Hanks was a corner when he was at Iowa but turned to FS in the pros. I was hoping XN woulda been a ball hawking safety that could also lay the wood but it seems like he's not the fastest guy out there. He's going to have to rely on instincts and anticipation to get to where he needs to be cause when he doesn't have the angle and gets a step behind someone he can't catch up to anyone.

It's interesting, cruising around the net, Tide Nation seems to have some mixed reviews. Some are laughing at us for getting "fleeced" and others are less happy on his return and are questioning his character. Basically saying, "you left us, and now you want to come back." One even suggested the Coach DeBoer seeing how he has flipped twice shouldn't allow him back or sit him.

Sure, it sounds good commenting, but we all know that if it benefits Bama football, he will be starting. But I at least thought it was interesting that the fan base seems to see what we all see.

I've heard a few reasons for his departure. Nothing factual, or that can be verified, but there were comments made he didn't like some of the drills that the O-line did, and that he was not guaranteed a starting spot and would have to earn it. But we all know how the rumor mill is. Heck, I even heard that he got a gal prego down there. Who knows. He is gone, and did it in a manner that was shady.

Last edited:
It's interesting, cruising around the net, Tide Nation seems to have some mixed reviews. Some are laughing at us for getting "fleeced" and others are less happy on his return and are questioning his character. Basically saying, "you left us, and now you want to come back." One even suggested the Coach DeBoer seeing how he has flipped twice shouldn't allow him back or sit him.

Sure, it sounds good commenting, but we all know that if it benefits Bama football, he will be starting. But I at least thought it was interesting that the fan base seems to see what we all see.

I've heard a few reasons for his departure. Nothing factual, or that can be verified, but there were comments made he didn't like some of the drills that the O-line did, and that he was guaranteed a starting spot and would have to earn it. But we all know how the rumor mill is. Heck, I even heard that he got a gal prego down there. Who knows. He is gone, and did it in a manner that was shady.
..........AGAIN!!

I 100% agree. It is also the responsibility of a parent to instill values in your child regardless if your child is athletically gifted or just an average kid. These values are what make them into a decent person with character as the grow into an adult.

Somewhere this has been lost with greed and fame and fortune with this young man. And sadly, some who get propped up by those interested in a young man's talents, you begin to become drunk from the power you hold. Couple in his LaVar Ballesque mother proclaiming her son is a further NFL lottery pick and wants compensation, it's a sad and pathetic situation. She isn't the first and won't be the last of a parent trying to cash in her kid's talent.

It's hard not hide the anger being a diehard Hawkeye fan, but moreover it's disappointment and disgust of being a human being. We have seen this narrative before where all can be lost in a moment and dreams come crashing down. I don't wish anything of this nature on him. It's just sad and disappointing.

And maybe this was more mutual than we know. Maybe with some of the character flaws we are now potentially seeing, maybe he was not right for our program and how things are run at the Universit of Iowa Athletics. Who knows....

I have two boys and I can't image either of them yo yo'ing like this. If it was like this I'd have a serious sit down and discussion and with the key point about the value of a commitment.

I have two boys and I can't image either of them yo yo'ing like this. If it was like this I'd have a serious sit down and discussion and with the key point about the value of a commitment
My son is 14 and he and his pals frequent the Altoona Campus. Proctor frequented there during high school and over the last summer. He was back over the holidays (December) even my son noticed a definite signs of entitlement and arrogance. We had a long talk about being humble and remembering where you came from. My hope is it will be an example for him for his future and other young athletes.

I have two boys and I can't image either of them yo yo'ing like this. If it was like this I'd have a serious sit down and discussion and with the key point about the value of a commitment.

I suspect in this day and age of "work life balance" meaning "I get everything I want, the way I want it, and I don't owe ANYBODY anything that I've committed to".....I suppose that indeed makes you an outlier.

Course, I also suspect your kids won't be the ones whining about how they'll never be able to afford a house or lead a comfortable life.

But, I digress and will bow out now before I wander into territory where Fry will get out the ban hammer.

I don’t understand why Kirk wants to deal with this bullshit. He’s a wealthy man and if he leaves he’ll be coach emeritus essentially and we’ll all remember him fondly.

Mixed feelings on Kirk after the Brian train wreck. I can clearly see him saying last season “Well things worked out with a ten win season and why would we want to change any coaching staff after a ten win season.’ I think that is why he was unhappy with Beth’s mid season announcement. His comments along the lines of “These types of decisions have always been made at the end of the season.” WRONG……… it should have been made at the end of the previous season.

I am excited for this upcoming season. I am certain the offense will definitely be better this fall. Along with our top defense and favorable schedule there is hope of sneaking into the expanded playoff platform this upcoming season.

I do agree that this type of crap with Proctor and the portal business could drive more coaches to retire sooner.

Mixed feelings on Kirk after the Brian train wreck. I can clearly see him saying last season “Well things worked out with a ten win season and why would we want to change any coaching staff after a ten win season.’ I think that is why he was unhappy with Beth’s mid season announcement. His comments along the lines of “These types of decisions have always been made at the end of the season.” WRONG……… it should have been made at the end of the previous season.

I am excited for this upcoming season. I am certain the offense will definitely be better this fall. Along with our top defense and favorable schedule there is hope of sneaking into the expanded playoff platform this upcoming season.

I do agree that this type of crap with Proctor and the portal business could drive more coaches to retire sooner.
Your last statement is an interesting one. I'm sure Saban and maybe even Harbaugh just say the mess the NIL was making of recruiting. Obviously, Harbaugh had issues with the NCAA anyway.

I think with this whole deal it validates a bit of what KF's complaints on the transfer portal and NIL that KF has alluded to. Why does he stay? Maybe it's KF being set in his ways that he believes he can try to run a program that is not affected by the drama.

I also think that Kirk is very set in his ways as we have many examples of. He doesn't deal with prima donna personalities well. He may in some ways be relieved not to be dealing with Proctor and his mom. Instead, he will sell the "next man in" philosophy.

All that being said, one thing I will give to KF is he has to love his guys and this program. The headaches that come along with running a sports program have multiplied with the NIL and transfer portal. Not many with his legacy and time in would want it.

Your last statement is an interesting one. I'm sure Saban and maybe even Harbaugh just say the mess the NIL was making of recruiting. Obviously, Harbaugh had issues with the NCAA anyway.

I think with this whole deal it validates a bit of what KF's complaints on the transfer portal and NIL that KF has alluded to. Why does he stay? Maybe it's KF being set in his ways that he believes he can try to run a program that is not affected by the drama.

I also think that Kirk is very set in his ways as we have many examples of. He doesn't deal with prima donna personalities well. He may in some ways be relieved not to be dealing with Proctor and his mom. Instead, he will sell the "next man in" philosophy.

All that being said, one thing I will give to KF is he has to love his guys and this program. The headaches that come along with running a sports program have multiplied with the NIL and transfer portal. Not many with his legacy and time in would want it.
I think the reason KF stays in coaching is that he loves to coach.

I think the reason KF stays in coaching is that he loves to coach.

I would also agree that many of his players enjoy playing for him also.

Apparently that wasn’t true for Proctor. Iowa rose to the occasion and welcomed him back into the fold despite him waiting until the last day before signing to flip to Alabama. If he had done it early on it may have given Iowa a chance to recruit someone else in that position.

None the less the Iowa program welcomed him back. Then he does it again just before opening day of spring practice. That’s over the top. No character, no integrity, no values. Nope, any person who is like that doesn’t deserve to EVER wear an Iowa uniform and play as a Hawkeye!

Chasing money and fame is one thing and I totally get it. As a parent I'd be incliuined to follow money to a degree as well.

But flipping 3 times (twice on Iowa and once on Alabama) after making promises is a character issue. If his mom is fine with what her kid is doing she's somewhat of a POS in my opinion. It's fine with me if folks don't agree with that. Part of being a good human being is integrity, some people don't have it because they weren't taught it, and some people don't have it despite the efforts of their parents/mentors to teach it to them.

Either way, at least one person in that household is a shit burger, doesn't matter too much to me who it is. I'd never hire someone like that to work for me and wouldn't choose to be friends with someone like that. Rich or poor, integrity is the ultimate test of someone's worth.
Hey, 20,000 posts! Nice milestone Fry:)

Latest posts