Probability of Making Tourney

Shelby Mast, Special for USA TODAY Sports12:59 p.m. EDT March 9, 2014

Last 5 in: Dayton, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Arkansas, Tennessee
First 5 out: Minnesota, California, Florida State, St. Johns, Providence
Others considered: Missouri, Georgetown, Green Bay

Moving in: Tennessee, Eastern Kentucky, Wright State
Moving out: Minnesota, Belmont, Green Bay

No longer considered: Boise State, Washington, Wake Forest, UTEP, Clemson, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Saint Mary's, Ole Miss, Indiana State, North Carolina State, LSU, West Virginia, Richmond '''

Shelby Mast, Special for USA TODAY Sports12:59 p.m. EDT March 9, 2014

Last 5 in: Dayton, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Arkansas, Tennessee
First 5 out: Minnesota, California, Florida State, St. Johns, Providence
Others considered: Missouri, Georgetown, Green Bay

Moving in: Tennessee, Eastern Kentucky, Wright State
Moving out: Minnesota, Belmont, Green Bay

No longer considered: Boise State, Washington, Wake Forest, UTEP, Clemson, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, Saint Mary's, Ole Miss, Indiana State, North Carolina State, LSU, West Virginia, Richmond '''

Unfortunately, the media and "experts" don't make the selections. The fact Minnesota got in last year is irrelevant. Iowa never gets favorable consideration or treatment. They just don't. I'd prefer they get at least one more win and remove all doubt. I've been disappointed too many times in the past to get my hopes up.

Hopefully the Hawks can get Northwestern on Thursday, as I think they have a better chance against them than Purdue.

I would like to see a list of 19 Div 1 win teams (without winning conference tourney) that have made it in over the last couple of years.

Iowa is in regardless if they lose first round. My opinion is that Iowa makes it to the finals of the BTT making it a moot point. I'm hoping the Hawks get a 6,7 or 10 seed to stay in the lower half of bracket.

I think they are in but what is causing this late season crash? Are they burned out from the up temple pace all season long? Is there some dissatisfaction among the players. I've noticed White doesn't seem to be enjoying himself like he used to. He looks like a lunch pale player and doesn't seem the have that old spark in his eye. I guess losing this many games at the end of the season could do that to anybody. Let's hope the hawks can get their second wind and make a good show of it in the BTT and in the dance.

According to the BIG studio crew doing the NE/WI game........Iowa needs to win their first game against NW or they could be putting their chances for the big dance in jeopardy.

Quite honestly, if they can't beat NW they probably don't belong in the NCAA tourney at this point. They will have missed many opportunities to sew it up and couldn't get it done. I'm not predicting that will happen however.

According to the BIG studio crew doing the NE/WI game........Iowa needs to win their first game against NW or they could be putting their chances for the big dance in jeopardy.

Quite honestly, if they can't beat NW they probably don't belong in the NCAA tourney at this point. They will have missed many opportunities to sew it up and couldn't get it done. I'm not predicting that will happen however.

Agree wholeheartedly.

Every home team today came out with high energy on seniors day/night.

Last night, Iowa came out like lambs.

We kicked the crap out of the league champion..but whatever..I hate to go thru life viewing the world thru your lenses. We will be dancing.. Did the season unfold as I wished..Yes and no. We are were I thought we would be not playing as I hoped we would be.

<<We kicked the crap out of the league champion>>

And blew leads against Illinois & Wiscy (twice), made Indiana and Illinois look like contenders, damn near let Purdue steal it, folded against MSU, and after pulling away from O$U AT Columbus, let them have their way in Carver.

What we have seen since the PSU win is nothing different than an Alford-coached team routinely did, i.e., fold like origami paper.

Fran is spending too much time talking about his wife going to Obama rallies and how fragile we are instead of sacking up and running the team.

The turnovers/steals/etc. we gave up yesterday were borderline comical.

<<I hate to go thru life viewing the world through your lenses>>

Too bad, I love my life. I just don't think Fran is the guy to get it done long-term.

Agreed. What Iowa has in their favor is the fact that they have been ranked most all season. I agree that if they had a bad start to the season then turned it on late they would be fighting for committee recognition.

Ranked all season up until the last regular season game.....

:rolleyes:

Latest posts