Probability of Making Tourney

So they didn't do enough earlier in the year? So they aren't getting in then? If they get in it certainly isn't because of what they did in the last 6 games, is it? Which means....its what they did earlier in the year. You see the logic there?

Your clever wordsmithing is admirable.

Iowa is in the tournament. I just think there is a lot of emotional flatulence going on with these losses. See through the fog of despair and you'll find reality.

You mean the same Iowa team that just a few weeks ago was the "best team in the Big 10"?

They are in but its a hell of a lot closer than people thought possible a few weeks ago.

Team has no leadership, no heart and no balls. It's really sad to see such a talented group of guys continue to fold under pressure.

Actually, we have a GREAT chance to make it through our BTT opener...well, maybe not.

Frankly, after the early Fran lovefest, I'm ready to move on. He turned things around, he obviously doesn't have the tools to do more than he has done. At least he has gotten the program to the point where a decent coach would actually take the job.

OTOH, I also think Fran has earned a reputation that will put him at a disadvantage with officials. Outbursts or not, I think he is unfairly targeted. And that, itself, may be reason enough to start thinking in another direction.
We kicked the crap out of the league champion..but whatever..I hate to go thru life viewing the world thru your lenses. We will be dancing.. Did the season unfold as I wished..Yes and no. We are were I thought we would be not playing as I hoped we would be.

No signature wins? Hmmm let me think....hmmm oh that's right
Michigan
OSU
Xavier

Yeah nothing amazing but some good wins. Take your wahmbulence somewhere else guy.

Don't forget Nebraska!!!! The Hawks did beat the 4th place team in the Big Ten this year, you know, the toughest conference in the nation. :D

According to the bracketologists and the media folks who do the mock selection show, the last 10 games is not a consideration that the committee looks at when deciding on the field. Seeding maybe, but not for selection.

And yet, I somehow get the feeling that it will be a criteria they will use to keep the Hawks out. With the curse this program has....you KNOW it will happen.

If we lose first round in BTT, I really think the sentiment has changed so much that this team will struggle to be selected. We are a 'bubble' team whether you want to admit it or not. Look at our schedule--outside of a win against Michigan, at home, there is NO signature win. Losing record vs. RPI top 25, horrible down the stretch. We would be competing with schools like OK St. for example to get in. Quite frankly, they look a whole lot more impressive right now than we do. In fact, don't know many bubble teams that have suffered as big a collapse nearing the end of the season. If we don't get one more win, there could be a whole lot of disappointed Hawkeyes come selection Sunday.

If we lose first round in BTT, I really think the sentiment has changed so much that this team will struggle to be selected. We are a 'bubble' team whether you want to admit it or not. Look at our schedule--outside of a win against Michigan, at home, there is NO signature win. Losing record vs. RPI top 25, horrible down the stretch. We would be competing with schools like OK St. for example to get in. Quite frankly, they look a whole lot more impressive right now than we do. In fact, don't know many bubble teams that have suffered as big a collapse nearing the end of the season. If we don't get one more win, there could be a whole lot of disappointed Hawkeyes come selection Sunday.

If Marquette beats Xavier and Penn St. beats Minnesota today that would leave Iowa with only 3 top 50 wins. Right now they only have 2 top 40 RPI wins. That has to be really scary when you realize getting into the NCAAs has very little to do with who you lost to, but a HELL of a lot more with who you have beaten.

If Marquette beats Xavier and Penn St. beats Minnesota today that would leave Iowa with only 3 top 50 wins. Right now they only have 2 top 40 RPI wins. That has to be really scary when you realize getting into the NCAAs has very little to do with who you lost to, but a HELL of a lot more with who you have beaten.

Somebody posted a thread on the site that says something to the effect of 'best RPI from power conference to not make the tourney' or something. Check that out. Iowa IS firmly on the bubble regardless of the fantasyland some of us live in. Hope they find themselves before the BTT starts.

OK, and why do you think that?

Very few "big" wins. If they lose Thursday, losses in 6 of the last 7 games. Only 19 major college wins. So-so RPI.

You tell me.....does that sound like an NCAA tourney resume? If this were another team...you would say they should not get a bid.

The Hawks ARE on the bubble right now.

Bracketology projections as of today 3/9/2014

USAToday Iowa #10 vs UConn #7 in St. Louis
CBS SPORTS Iowa #9 vs Oregon #8 in Buffalo
Daily Bracket Iowa #10 vs Baylor #7 in Buffalo

Bracketology projections as of today 3/9/2014

USAToday Iowa #10 vs UConn #7 in St. Louis
CBS SPORTS Iowa #9 vs Oregon #8 in Buffalo
Daily Bracket Iowa #10 vs Baylor #7 in Buffalo

There you have it...Iowa is officially on the bubble. One more loss, and the bubble will burst. MUST win Thursday!

There you have it...Iowa is officially on the bubble. One more loss, and the bubble will burst. MUST win Thursday!

STFU. Minnesota was 20-11 and 8-10 last year..lost in the First Round of the BTT and got an 11 seed. We are in so quit being a baby

Latest posts