Preview, Prediction: Michigan State 2024

This one feels like a trap to me, legacy B1G game on the road at night and a home team that's reeling.

A cornered animal is always dangerous. Hope I'm wrong and we see a repeat of last week.

As we know from Kinnick, Saturday night games can be a nightmare for the visitor. Spartan Stadium isn't Kinnick, but it's not Ryan Field (RIP) or Ross-Ade. I think Iowa can run the ball against this team.

Rob's prediction is a bit too much for my comfort level, but I am not far off. With Vegas having us as a 5.5 favorite on the road really means that Vegas thinks Iowa is a TD better team than Sparty overall. That seems right. And, running games and solid defense tend to travel. See the Minny game.

Iowa 24
Sparty 16

I don't feel awesome about it.

MSU gets shit on a lot but their losses are to the best 2 teams in the country IMO, and a close one to a 4-2 Boston College squad.

If Iowa can win the turnover margin and get KJ 175+ yds I think they're good. If not, watch out.

I think Sparty is solid this year. Not a good MSU team, but competent. And that can be dangerous.
I don't feel great about this game.
But, I didn't feel great about MN, and even worse about Wahrshington (had to say it like a proper St. Louisan).

I hope it's good. I'll be in Iowa City for fraternity dad's weekend. It's more fun when they win.

My bold, and always wrong prediction.
MSU 27
Iowa 17
Yet somehow McNamara has what seems like a breakout game. Throws for 348 yards.

Iowa will wear down MSU after a close first half. MSU will have a lot of long drives but will have trouble finishing them off

Iowa 20, MSU 13.

We should win this one. We seem to be getting better. I hope I am right on both.

Went to the Illinois Purdue game last week. Won by Illinois in overtime when Purdue went for two and failed. So the coach lost the game after all that effort and a great comeback. They could have kicked the extra point and played another series. As an AD I would not forget that gaff.

Latest posts