Preseason Top 25 Poll by a bunch of amatuer Twitter friends

@HawkeyeZim is the gentleman using a unique formula for his poll. He's also the lone voter to give ISU votes (because I know you'll ask).

I was certain there would be a Hawkeye bias but I misjudged my e-friends. I can't wait to compare week 1's poll, after the first games are played, with this poll.

ISU was listed as #2 in one voter's poll. Based on PSD's formula a #2 vote gets 24 "votes". So nope, not technically an error.

Here is the Coaches' Poll for comparison.

One of the biggest things that stands out to me is that Penn St is 25th yet no one here is giving them credit (10 total points)

HZ's crazy poll didn't effect much except the "others receiving votes." LSU may have received the most benefit from it. He says it will all work out in the end, we'll see.

Re:preseason Top 25 Poll by a bunch of amatuer Twitter friendsi

I left out OSU, Auburn and Mizzou when many others didn't based on the fact they have a ton of attrition/turnover to replace. OSU has new coach plus several guys out for 6 games. Didn't see how they are top 25. Auburn has only 6 starters returning and lost best players on both sides of the ball much like Mizzou. Plus Auburn plays in SEC.

Actually surprised Iowa didn't make top 25 given the Iowa bias. This poll is pretty close to coaches poll but better based on a fan viewpoint and not just name on jersey.

I am treating this very seriously. Thanks again PSD for setting this up.

Re: Preseason Top 25 Poll by a bunch of amatuer Twitter friendsi

I left out OSU, Auburn and Mizzou when many others didn't based on the fact they have a ton of attrition/turnover to replace. OSU has new coach plus several guys out for 6 games. Didn't see how they are top 25. Auburn has only 6 starters returning and lost best players on both sides of the ball much like Mizzou. Plus Auburn plays in SEC.

Actually surprised Iowa didn't make top 25 given the Iowa bias. This poll is pretty close to coaches poll but better based on a fan viewpoint and not just name on jersey.

I am treating this very seriously. Thanks again PSD for setting this up.

I second your thanks to PSD for this. I am also taking this serious, not because anyone would take me serious, but because it's kinda cool to have a chance to do something like this. I tried to base mine on what I know of teams without doing alot of research, of course, that'll change when the games start. My only "biased" ommission was ND. I am refusing to vote for them until I get a sign from above. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts